DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· AllStar
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an HR24 connected via HDMI to a 37" LG LCD TV. The picture appears washed out to me. I have an xbox connected to the same TV via HDMI and the PQ appears fine.

I noticed a couple other threads along this same theme, is there a known issue with the HR24 and washed out PQ?
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
41,526 Posts
sean67854 said:
I have an HR24 connected via HDMI to a 37" LG LCD TV. The picture appears washed out to me. I have an xbox connected to the same TV via HDMI and the PQ appears fine.

I noticed a couple other threads along this same theme, is there a known issue with the HR24 and washed out PQ?
Which HR24 do you have?
The HR24-500 outputs RGB, which some TVs don't automatically adjust to.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
36,659 Posts
veryoldschool said:
Which HR24 do you have?
The HR24-500 outputs RGB, which some TVs don't automatically adjust to.
After so many requests for folks to tell us the model in this form: HR24-xxx, we're slipping back into lumping the 24s together and the 20s together and they are different in many ways.

This is not difficult: HR2x-xxx.

Rich
 

· AllStar
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rich said:
After so many requests for folks to tell us the model in this form: HR24-xxx, we're slipping back into lumping the 24s together and the 20s together and they are different in many ways.

This is not difficult: HR2x-xxx.

Rich
I didn't mean to cause an issue. I'll be more careful with my posts next time. I did not realize that there were different models of the 24, and I'm not in a position to look right now. Guess I should have waited to post.
 

· Broadcast Engineer
Joined
·
4,146 Posts
sean67854 said:
I didn't mean to cause an issue. I'll be more careful with my posts next time. I did not realize that there were different models of the 24, and I'm not in a position to look right now. Guess I should have waited to post.
I hope you are being sarcastic, as that is what is deserved here.

Although the HDMI color output may be slightly different, it should not be so different that you can't adjust that input on your TV to compensate. For instance, if by "washed out" you mean devoid of color, turn up the color. If it means blacks too high, lower them with the contrast and brightness controls. Modern TVs have individual setting per input, rather than global settings. It is a one-time adjustment, and if that seems daunting, there are many right here who would be glad to help.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top