DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Legend
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my receiver refuses to setup series recordings only individual recordings. Perfect example right now is I have tried several times to get a series recording on Science Channel's How it's Made marathon and it will not setup a series recording. I have hit the record button twice and the icon shows a series recording but none of the other identical series programs will go to series recording. I also had this happen with Syfy's Twilight Zone marathon just last New Years.

· Dry as a bone
12,321 Posts
Is your recording defaults set to First Run? That might be why it's not picking up the others (since they're all repeats).

Does it work when you set it up via smart search?

Does it show up in the Series Manager as a Series Recording?

· Legend
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
spartanstew said:
Is your recording defaults set to First Run? That might be why it's not picking up the others (since they're all repeats).

Does it work when you set it up via smart search?

Does it show up in the Series Manager as a Series Recording?
Currently set to first run

have not tried smart search

does not show up in series manager as a series recording

· Legend
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dpeters11 said:
Also, yo say it won't do series recordings, but both examples are for marathons. Will it set up a normal series recording?
Have not tried a regular series recording lately

just changed default to both from first run

normal series setup works

· Legend
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just changed default to both from first run...canceled series and then reset for series and now it is working fine. I am a little confused on why I had to change this for this program as each episode is of different content. Thanks guys

· Dry as a bone
12,321 Posts
"First Run" only records shows that have never aired before.

For example, if you set up a series recording for The Twilight Zone and First Run it will never record any of them, because they've all aired before.

· Legend
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
spartanstew said:
"First Run" only records shows that have never aired before.

For example, if you set up a series recording for The Twilight Zone and First Run it will never record any of them, because they've all aired before.
Sounds good to me. Thanks all for your help!

· Hall Of Fame
7,054 Posts
Richierich said:
But First Run doesn't work very well so I am surprised that he is not getting all of the recordings.
First run works great for the stations that provide good guide data...marathons are almost never first run only, but by using the double record button select in the guide, it still should have setup the SL...Now I will give you that when you create a SL for a single show, like picking it in the guide and setting it up that way, you do get fewer repeats than you get when you use the ARSL boolean searches....

FOr example: Bones on FOX in a single SL 1st run only, works just about perfect, cant remember the last time it missed a new episode or recorded a repeat.

AANY BONES HOUSE TERRA TTITLE CCHANxx-x 1st run only, may record a few repeats here and there, but rarely misses a new episode.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.