DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
AllStar
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My contract is up in June. Would like to get 2 HR-24's to replace my original HR20-700's. Realize that the only way to insure getting the HR-24 is to purchase them. Even purchasing them they still would not be owned but leased. Question is if one of the HR24's went bad would DTV replace it with another HR24 or would I be at risk of getting an older model and lose my HR24? Also, if you purchase the HR24's is it possible to get some relief from DTV when activating them? Have been a DTV customer for a long time.

·
Hall Of Fame
16,344 Posts
It is possible to actually own them. Check the buy/sell/trade forum under the dbstalk club section, someone was selling owned boxes. They would be more than $200, but actually owned and cheaper than buying one outright from DirecTV. I have no reason to believe that poster isn't who he says he is, especially sine I think he posted the receiver IDs, but I would verify with DirecTV for any box someone claims is owned. But only talk to the access card department.

If it goes bad, you could end up with something else, though supposedly the policy is to try to give you a 24, but certainly o guarantee. If you own one, it's not as big of a deal as the biggest failure is the hard drive, and you can open it and replace the drive if you don't want to go external.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.