DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime I turn on my box, hr44, for the past 2 days, keeps on showing a blue screen with new software found (093D) with 38% complete and it just freezes. I need to either unplug or reset the box for it to start working. I have an external storage becaus the internal storage broke a few months ago. This has been happening just for the past 2 days. I appreciate any inputs. Tnx

· Dad
5,798 Posts
Go to menu/settings/info and test and run the system test. Assuming no errors then go look at your Sat settings and see signal strengths on the 99c/103ca/103cb/101 Sats and ensure all are 80 or above. If not, you have a dish alignment issue.

Let's start there with the easy stuff and let us know what you find.

· Hall Of Fame
10,062 Posts
NR4P said:
Go to menu/settings/info and test and run the system test. Assuming no errors then go look at your Sat settings and see signal strengths on the 99c/103ca/103cb/101 Sats and ensure all are 80 or above. If not, you have a dish alignment issue.

Let's start there with the easy stuff and let us know what you find.
Question : Can he get to the Menu from the blue screen ?

· Dad
5,798 Posts
You mentioned you can unplug the box to get it working. I assumed working means to view TV so that gets the Blue Screen aside. If that's not the case, then please clarify what working means.

Also the tests I mentioned don't do a detailed hard drive scan. That would follow after the easy stuff.

· Genius.
19,830 Posts
Why mess around. Get a replacement…..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.