DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Godfather
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been suffering through the audio dropout issues with 6.3 for a while now like everyone else. Well, this weekend my problems got much worse. My local NBC OTA won't come in anymore. It just gives me a black screen when I am tuned to any of their sub-channels.
I tried rebooting the Tivo, that didn't help. I tried to repeat the guided setup changing it to satellite only, then repreated the guided setup again changing it back to sat & OTA. that didn't help.

Anyone have a fix for lost networks?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Check www.avsforums.com to see if anything has changed with your Local OTA signals.

·
Godfather
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Earl, but the issue seems to be exclusive to the Tivo reciever.
My OTA feed direct to the TV still works fine and the OTA feed to my HTPC is also working fine.
Has anyone else seen a channel quit working like this?

I will post in the HD forum at avs to see if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Godfather
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, after reading some more in the AVS forum, some people are reporting that channel 24 is now showing up as it's actual digital frequency, Channel 49.x, on their TV's instead of 24.x
SOmeone posted there could be an issue with the PSIP. This is all greek to me. Does anyone know how I might fix this on the Tivo?

·
Cool Member
15 Posts
Hey Earl, I have not seen a recent, "Any word on 6.3a update?" to you, so I figured I would jump in.

Any word on a 6.3a update?? :)

thanks for all your help here and in the Tivo forums.

Jim

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
Have you tried recanning for OTA channels? If it changed from 24 to 49 the Tivo is probably still looking for it at 24.

·
Godfather
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just called the TV station and I got to talk to someone. I didn't catch his name but he told me a piece of equipment went out. He said it could be 4 - 6 weeks before it is replaced!! :(

He did tell me they are advising customers to do a re-scan of channels with their tuners and they should pick up 49.x.
How do I do this with 6.3a s/w on the Tivo? On 3.1 there was a screen to do just that, but I haven't been able to find that since 6.3.

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
Messages & Setting -> Settings -> Channels -> Off-air Channels

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.