DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Godfather
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is an IR Repeater available for the HR10-250 receiver? I am moving this older receiver into the kitchen for my wife and there is no real good place to put it (especially considering the TV is a 22" LCD that will be wall mounted). I would like to put it into a cabinet and keep it out of sight, but I cant find a repeater to allow the remote control to work. Any ideas?

· Godfather
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nelsonrl said:
I use something similar to this. Not the brand I have, but same pricipal. You have to purchase the poser supply and the emitters as accessories, but they are listed at the bottom of the page
Thanks for the info and I will keep this in mind, but it seems pretty bulky and expensive for getting just the HR10-250 on a repeater system. Most of my A/V eqipment ships with, or sells seperately, just a repeater that plugs into the rear of the unit. Is something like this available for the HR10-250?

· Hall Of Fame
4,266 Posts
I don't believe the HR10-250 has any sort of OEM plug-in solution for this. YOu might look into one of these:

http://www.smarthome.com/8045i.html

It's simpler than a full IR receiver and connecting block solution. Basically, it has a transmitter that goes inside your OEM remote in place of a battery, then the receiver re-blasts the IR to your HR10. You might want to do an Internet search on the manufacturer's model number (ATH-AAA) as you might find a better price than Smarthome.

· Godfather
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rudeney said:
I don't believe the HR10-250 has any sort of OEM plug-in solution for this. YOu might look into one of these:

http://www.smarthome.com/8045i.html

It's simpler than a full IR receiver and connecting block solution. Basically, it has a transmitter that goes inside your OEM remote in place of a battery, then the receiver re-blasts the IR to your HR10. You might want to do an Internet search on the manufacturer's model number (ATH-AAA) as you might find a better price than Smarthome.
Thanks Rodney! That looks perfect - I wont even need line of sight to an IR Repeater to make this work! I checked lots of prices, and the best pricing I found was on Amazon. I purchased on Amazon for $31.46, no tax and free shipping. Here is the link if anyone else is interested:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000C1Z0HA?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=dealtime-ce-feed-20&linkCode=asn

Thanks Again!

· Godfather
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wilbur_the_goose said:
Starchy - why not just get an HR20 with an IR remote? It'd probably cost you less tha $31 and you'd get all the new HD channels
I don't think my wife cares as much about HD channels as she does about being able to pause a program while she is in the kitchen. I don't expect the TV to get a lot of use anyway...... When I do get a chance to change it out for free again, I will jump on the opportunity tho!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.