DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know the updates have been messing audio up but has anyone reported it messing up recording the shows. I had it mess up recording The Nine and Day Break. The Nine recorded a partial about 40 mins (I since tivo's history is better then the R15 but not as good as the UTV's I have no idea why. The history didn't say why it was a partial at all). Day Break was even weirder, it said it was deleted to make room for other records. That would be ok if it was an older recording (still had the first episode of Day Break on the Tivo) or if the system was near full (which it wasn't). Any one know what happened here? I know the system was and did record other shows on those days so I know it was working.

·
Icon
808 Posts
Partial recordings are another reported side effect of 6.3a. Check your season passes and To Do List. If you have the recording options set to Save until I delete then all shows currently on the drive plus whatever recordings are in the To Do List are taken into account when determining if there is adequate disk space for future recordings. Higher priority season passes will take precedence over lower ones which is probably why some shows aren't being recorded.

Change the recording properties to Delete to make room for more shows and you should be OK. Better yet, install a larger hard drive to avoid this issue in the future. If you have the stock drive then you don't have enough room if you hang onto old recordings and set up lots of season passes.

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
While on 6.3a I did notice partials versus 3.1.5. Also odd self-reboots. I have reinstalled 3.1.5 on one of my HR10s. Yesterday, during the games my 6.3a unit was having troubles locking on OTA HD signals to the point HD was not watchable. I eventually pulled my 3.1.5 unit and put that in place of my 6.3a unit. Same antenna and the OTA signals improved.

I don't know how/why, but from my experience 6.3a also diminished the HR10's ability to lock on OTA HD signals over 3.1.5.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool I'll try that. I'm pretty sure they are set up to Delete to make room but I'll double check. I think I only have two individual that I manual marked as keep but the are both SD shows and only about an hour so they should be taking up that much space.

Why do you think it would have deleted the newer Day Break rather then the older one? I thought it always deleted older recordings first?

Yeah, I need to put a bigger hard just haven't had the time.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wolffpack said:
While on 6.3a I did notice partials versus 3.1.5. Also odd self-reboots. I have reinstalled 3.1.5 on one of my HR10s. Yesterday, during the games my 6.3a unit was having troubles locking on OTA HD signals to the point HD was not watchable. I eventually pulled my 3.1.5 unit and put that in place of my 6.3a unit. Same antenna and the OTA signals improved.

I don't know how/why, but from my experience 6.3a also diminished the HR10's ability to lock on OTA HD signals over 3.1.5.
I guess that's good news for me. I still haven't had time to setup my OTA (no Smalleville in HD :( yet) but I guess with all the problems with the OTA it's been having that's a good thing that I don't have it up or any SP on the OTA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.