DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just recently received my new software upgrade to 6.3 for my HR10 for my upstairs receiver. Unfortunately, my downstairs receiver (also and HR10) did not update.

I called D* and they claimed to have an error message on my box and recommended switching it. I did a test and at first it failed while "configuring". I tried it a couple of times and finally "succeeded".
This is a "new" box D* sent me to replace my other box which would not even connect to the phone line.

Question. #1. Do you think this would be a HR10 problem why its not connecting, "configuring" at times, or is it a software problem? If so, should I replace the box again for the second time?

#2 If I upgrade to HR20-700, can I still use my HR10 with the 5LNB dish for my loft? Or do I need to replace both receivers?

#3 I currently have a CM4228 for my OTA and aware that for the HR20's the ATSC is not turned on yet. ANy news on when it would work for the new HR20's? Or is it even worth doing the switch now?

I've read some updates but would appreciate your time for some expert advice. It's just frustrating when even D* CSR / Tech support does not know the answer. Thanks and hoping for some feedback.

·
Registered
12,591 Posts
1. These are usually phone-line related problems. You might try swapping your two HR10-250's to see if they behave differently in different locations.

2. Yes, the HR10-250 works fine with the 5-LNB dish. I have one HR10-250, one HR20, and several other DirecTivo's and receivers.

3. HR20 OTA should be activated by December 1.

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
litzdog911 said:
1. These are usually phone-line related problems. You might try swapping your two HR10-250's to see if they behave differently in different locations.

2. Yes, the HR10-250 works fine with the 5-LNB dish. I have one HR10-250, one HR20, and several other DirecTivo's and receivers.

3. HR20 OTA should be activated by December 1.
Thanks Litz. Will try your suggestion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.