DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one has me baffled. I have serached the site and see all sorts of issues with the 6.3 upgrade but I can't find an answer to my situation. My problem occured with the new software and the old software.
Have had the HR10 for about a month when it showed up (new) it had the old 3.9 software on it but I still had similar problems. Last week it downloaded 6.3 and seemed to work fine for a while. I also have a Sony HD300 which has and does work flawlessly. The Sony also confirms a signal strength of 81 to 93 on all 3 sats and all transponders. My set up looks like this.
HR10 hooked via single line to a triple LNB with NO OTA.
My configuration is:
Triple LNB
No OTA
Single Sat line
Phone hook up test OK.
The HR10 has worked on and off for a month. What happens (like last night) is that it hangs up and I need to restart it. It fails to go through its start up procedure because it cannot see all 3 sats. When I look at the signal strength through the HR10 I see the following:
101 (1-32) No signal on even transponders
119 (22-32) No signal on odd transponders
110 (8,10,12) OK
When I look at my Sony HD300 all 3 sats are fine as are all transponders.
I would think this is some sort of compatibility issue with the HR10 and a triple LNB, or maybe a problem with a configuration with NO OTA or no 2nd sat line.
What baffles me is that I can see it is not a signal problem and the HR10 has worked part of the time.
1. Anyone else see this problem?
2. How do I do a "soft" reset and a "hard" reset? I have tried all of the options for the menu based reset and even unpluged the unit and set it up from scratch a few times.
3. If it is a compatibility problem with the triple LNB or the multiplexer, any suggestions? And why would it work with the HD300 and not the HR10.
I have used Season Pass and it has worked fine. I had a number of programs on the drive and they play back fine so I can't think it is a drive problem.

·
Registered
12,591 Posts
Right. Try swapping the Sony and HR10-250. If the problem stays with the HR10-250, then you know it's defective. If the problems "moves" to the Sony, then you know something is wrong with the cable, multiswitch or dish outputs feeding that room.

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:nono2:
I have now switched the two feeds and the problem still exists. This should confirm no problem with the multiplexer. The Sony works fine with either feed and when I go through the set up test on the HR10 I get the following:

Mutiwsitch: 4 Port
101 (A): right side not detected
119 (B): not detected
110 (C): not detected

·
9 Posts
If you can't return your HR10-250 (ie: in Canada like me), try going back to the original firmware 3.1.4. I believe I had a similar problem happen to me with my 4 port switch. 6.3a worked fine for me for 2 weeks then suddenly crashed and never recovered. When I tried a reboot, it got to the download screen and stayed at 0% for a day (until I unplugged it). I went back to 3.1.4 and everything is good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.