Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AllStar
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I tried searching for an answer but couldn't find anything, so my apologies if it's been posted before.

I just got my HR20-700 and was able to keep my HR10-250. They are both connected to my main TV until I finish watching all the DVR stuff that has accumulated, but I was wondering if the HR10 will work if I hook it up to a Standard definition set in the future?

All the nessary cables have been run to the second set, but I've only got an D11 hooked up to it at the moment. I plan to upgrade this TV to an HD set in the future, but wanted to use the HR10-250 on it in the mean time at least for the DVR functionality. Will this work?

Thanks!

·
Hall Of Fame
4,585 Posts
Yes, you can do that. You would need to go into the setup and select the correct aspect ratio, probably 4x3, for a SD tv. Also, set the default resolution to 480i for a SD set. You can also watch the HD channels but I believe they will show in letterbox on a standard tv.

GH

·
AllStar
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Groundhog!

Once I've watched all the HD DVR stuff I have saved, I'm going to give it a shot. My installer said that it would not work, but I'm fairly sure he had no idea what he was talking about.

Skar

·
Impossible Dreamer
5,525 Posts
Skarzon said:
Thanks Groundhog!

Once I've watched all the HD DVR stuff I have saved, I'm going to give it a shot. My installer said that it would not work, but I'm fairly sure he had no idea what he was talking about.

Skar
Groundhog45 is correct, it will work fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.