DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AllStar
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get no signal strength on tuner #2, even after swapping cables from tuner #1 which does have good signal to tuner #2.
Are the tuners replaceable, repairable, or swappable from an older hughes dvr40 tivo unit that I have as spare parts now ?
Or should I call D* and try to get it replaced. I do not have the protection plan.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Tuners are not replaceable, repairable, or swapable... they are part of the main board.

It is possible that you could find a company that might be able to repair it.

Definently not compatible with the tuner in a DVR-40

Calling DirecTV at this piont, you have a very LOW chance of getting it replaced with an HR10, as they simply don't have any more.

·
AllStar
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i guess i am just going to use it as a single tuner dvr for the time being.
Any ideas what they would charge for the upgrade to an HR20. Or will they even let me, since I just got a new HR20 installed last week? Or that I would even get one since the supply seems to be empty now.

·
1 Posts
Have you tried to reboot? This fixed my HR10 with 6.3a when I found tuner 2 had the same signal strength on some channels with little or no signal strength on others. Since then the signals have remained equal.

·
AllStar
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, yes I have tried a reboot with no success.
I dont think i want to put any money into this box, I would rather get a HR20.
Although I think the HR20 I have now is having problems and may need to be replaced by D*

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.