DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· AllStar
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have another problem besides the audio drop-outs. I noticed on a recorded show (Grey's Anatomy OTA HD) that the screen was fluctuating a bit but I attributed it to the station. Well even on the menu screen the screen still juggles and I thought it may be the TV (Hitachi 42" Plasma). I checked the inputs and switched them and still the same flickering (jiggling). The TV on cable is perfect. I'm calling D** but I don't think I'll like their answer, Oh we'll send you a new receiver and you can start from scratch again...BS

Well I did some tests and with the unit in 480i the screen is perfect, 480p & 720p it flickers still in 1080i it's better but not still. I hooked it up with the HDMI cable and it was perfectly still but I hate HDMI because I cant use DD5.1 on my receiver and the standard audio on the TV.

As I thought talking to D** and they are sending out a replacement unit so I can start all over again...I told them I'm keeping the unit till I get all the shows watched up.

· Mentor
40 Posts
When I got my 6.3a upgrade over the weekend I had video stuttering. 2 reboots and unplugging the HR10 didn't stop it. However when I switched from 1080i to 720p and back again, it stopped. I always thought the video stuttering was hard disk related!

· Banned
4,642 Posts
FastEddie said:
I now have another problem besides the audio drop-outs. I noticed on a recorded show (Grey's Anatomy OTA HD) that the screen was fluctuating a bit but I attributed it to the station. Well even on the menu screen the screen still juggles and I thought it may be the TV (Hitachi 42" Plasma). I checked the inputs and switched them and still the same flickering (jiggling). The TV on cable is perfect. I'm calling D** but I don't think I'll like their answer, Oh we'll send you a new receiver and you can start from scratch again...BS

Well I did some tests and with the unit in 480i the screen is perfect, 480p & 720p it flickers still in 1080i it's better but not still. I hooked it up with the HDMI cable and it was perfectly still but I hate HDMI because I cant use DD5.1 on my receiver and the standard audio on the TV.

As I thought talking to D** and they are sending out a replacement unit so I can start all over again...I told them I'm keeping the unit till I get all the shows watched up.
Have you tried a different set of component cables?

· AllStar
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's working fine now. I had the unit on 8.1 OTA and it was jiggling and after I had it hooked up with HDMI then back to component it was still doing it. I switched to 76 Discovery HD it stopped. and hasn't done it since. I'll still keep the replacement coming to be safe but if it's still working after a week I'll send the replacement back. Although I may have to clone the hard drive from the replacement as a backup assuming it has 3.1 installed.

Can anybody tell me what software I'll need to copy mirror the hard drive?

· Registered
12,595 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.