DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I read the the "Read Me First" post, which says that the unit requires two seperate runs. However, this is my current problem. We have a multisplitter in the basement, and due to the house being an old farmhouse, it will be extremely difficult to run a 2nd line to the bedroom. I had a Ideal 2 way splitter (2.3 ghz) for satellite signals. I installed it and the unit was able to find both channel 1 and 2 as well as A, B, and C perfectly; however, it keeps failing when trying to acquire satellite information. Is this due to the splitter? my understanding is that if the splitter was not working, as per the post above it should not, the unit should not be able to access line 1 (a-c) and line 2 (a-c), but yet it is. Any insight? Anything recently out or coming out that will allow me to use one line for both signals if the splitter is the problem? Thanks in advance.

· Registered
12,607 Posts
Right. You cannot use a coax cable splitter with satellite signals. You really do need two cables from your basement multiswitch if you want to use both satellite tuners.

There are very expensive stacker/destacker systems that can combine signals onto one coax feed ....
http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?prod=SS212
Not sure if this one is actually still available, though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.