DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Icon
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this forum is supposed to be exclusivley HR20, if I am off topic my apologies. But I note in persuing D* site that I can get apparetnly their non HD dvr for no cost, just a two year obligation, whcih I already have with the HR20 anyway. I guess this is the HR15? Not sure, they don't give much info about it.

Its the first on the list of equipment addons
DIRECTV Plus® DVR – up to 100 hours of digital recording

But is it prone to a plethora of problems too, or is it a stable box? I am thinking if its basically free, to replace my 40gb tivo in the bedroom with this. But certainly not if its a nightmare of instablility. Whats the rep on this box? Thanks

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
That woudl be the R15

Next forum up.

·
Icon
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
That woudl be the R15

Next forum up.
Well thanks. I didn't realize that forum was there. and after reading several posts, it looks much like this forum! I would say...Stable it is NOT. I think I will stick with my tivo. :D Looks like its at best another roll of the dice, might be fine, might be a nightmare.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
39 Posts
HolmesCo said:
Well thanks. I didn't realize that forum was there. and after reading several posts, it looks much like this forum! I would say...Stable it is NOT. I think I will stick with my tivo. :D Looks like its at best another roll of the dice, might be fine, might be a nightmare.
I have two of them and they have been very stable, in fact I don't even think about them, they just work. my HR20 has been good to but not good enough so that it is out of mind.

·
Icon
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jstaffin said:
I have two of them and they have been very stable, in fact I don't even think about them, they just work. my HR20 has been good to but not good enough so that it is out of mind.
Well my hr20 is pretty much like yours, few problems, mostly I am ok with it. So perhaps I would have similar luck with the 15. hard to figure how the same boxes can be so radically different for different people. I don't get it. Puzzling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.