DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· AllStar
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fan on my HR20-100 has gotten really loud lately and I probably just need to clean the dust out. Spraying from the outside doesn't seem to help so here's the stupid question:

Can I open the unit to clean or replace the fan or does that void whatever warranty there is?

I don't want to replace it since it works great, but I suppose if it's the only option I may have to...

Thx

· Registered
2,792 Posts
kbxm said:
The fan on my HR20-100 has gotten really loud lately and I probably just need to clean the dust out. Spraying from the outside doesn't seem to help so here's the stupid question:

Can I open the unit to clean or replace the fan or does that void whatever warranty there is?

I don't want to replace it since it works great, but I suppose if it's the only option I may have to...

Thx
If you own the unit as some do here you can open it up and do with it as you please. If u don't then the only two options are to replace the unit or try using an air compressor with a little more force behind it than a can of air and see if that helps.

· AllStar
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jodyguercio said:
If you own the unit as some do here you can open it up and do with it as you please. If u don't then the only two options are to replace the unit or try using an air compressor with a little more force behind it than a can of air and see if that helps.
Thanks for the reply.

I actually came home to a dead unit last night. The fan gave it up.

I called D* and they basically said this same thing, but the lady on the phone said they don't really check the dead ones so...

I can't get another unit until next week, so I'm using a desk fan to keep it below 115...

· Registered
2,792 Posts
kbxm said:
Thanks for the reply.

I actually came home to a dead unit last night. The fan gave it up.

I called D* and they basically said this same thing, but the lady on the phone said they don't really check the dead ones so...

I can't get another unit until next week, so I'm using a desk fan to keep it below 115...
Sorry about that. If you don't want to wait the week, you could always go to one of your local brick and mortar stores and purchase one. Then all you would have to do is call and tell them the situation; and they should just send you a return kit for your dead one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.