DBSTalk Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
AllStar
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Called them this morning. They said I can't have 2 genies. Sending me a Genie mini. They said they no longer send DVRs like the HR24 anymore and wanted to replace my HR34. But being it's 90% full of shows I still need to watch, that was not an option I wanted to go with yet.

·
Premium Member
11,444 Posts
Called them this morning. They said I can't have 2 genies. Sending me a Genie mini. They said they no longer send DVRs like the HR24 anymore and wanted to replace my HR34. But being it's 90% full of shows I still need to watch, that was not an option I wanted to go with yet.
Do yourself a favor and binge watch those 90% recordings and get rid of that HR34. You'll be glad you did.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I don't know about 4K when it happens --but it's been going on at my house for a long time--When I download any 1080P vod --my Sony AVR 1080 upscales it to 4K on my oled 80J and my 2017 -4k Sony LCD--and it's outstanding -Even Channel 104 has been showing a lot of 4K movies (NOT FIRST RUN) but hey 4k is 4K :thumbsup:

·
Go Pack Go!!!!
2,725 Posts
Do yourself a favor and binge watch those 90% recordings and get rid of that HR34. You'll be glad you did.
Agreed. The HR34 is like a Genie with disabilities. I was doing an inspection at a house last week and noticed the owners still had a HR34 as the main receiver they watch.

DStream is not an option since they don't have broadband at their house. I discussed their receiver with them and they hate it and wanted a better replacement, but they were told by an ATT CSR that they would lose their grandfathered programming package if they got it replaced with a newer Genie. I know that's not supposed to happen, but one can never really trust an ATT CSR disguised in a TPG shirt. They are going to stick with it for now and hope it doesn't die or act if the policy changes.

Reactions: MysteryMan

·
Godfather
2,090 Posts
Agreed. The HR34 is like a Genie with disabilities. I was doing an inspection at a house last week and noticed the owners still had a HR34 as the main receiver they watch.

DStream is not an option since they don't have broadband at their house. I discussed their receiver with them and they hate it and wanted a better replacement, but they were told by an ATT CSR that they would lose their grandfathered programming package if they got it replaced with a newer Genie. I know that's not supposed to happen, but one can never really trust an ATT CSR disguised in a TPG shirt. They are going to stick with it for now and hope it doesn't die or act if the policy changes.
Perhaps if they simply had it replaced, but not if it was defective.

·
Cool Member
26 Posts
HR20-700 still purring, it's 2nd 2tb hard drive. I use a cheap WD 5400rpm drive. Also my two THR22's are still kickin too

21 - 30 of 30 Posts