DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting vertical lines scrolling across my screen. DTV has sent me 2 different receivers and it is still occuring. I can't figure out if it is my TV or the receivers. Its annoying. Anyone else have this issue and have you found the source of the problem?

·
Mentor
40 Posts
clintmalmquist said:
I am getting vertical lines scrolling across my screen. DTV has sent me 2 different receivers and it is still occuring. I can't figure out if it is my TV or the receivers. Its annoying. Anyone else have this issue and have you found the source of the problem?
I do not mean to insult if you have done this, but sometimes it is the really obvious---
-- Did you change the cables too?
-- Did you change which input you were using on the TV
-- Did you change the type of input on the TV (from HDMI to Component or vice/versa?)

Hard to believe you would get 2 bad units with this odd problem in a row- so I would assume, TV, perhaps just the TV-input, or cables before I would go swapping another HR20.

I have a Mits WD-Y57, and have had no similar issue with an HR-20 coming in on HDMI-1

By any chance, if you have a *31 or *32 or WD-Y* machine (2006 or 2007 model)-- are you inputting on the DVI? The DVI on at least some of these models can swicth from analog to digital, and is meant for a PC-- I don't know if you can hook up to an HR20 easily with it, you might want to check the forums on avsforum for that (Forum>Display Devices>Rear Projection>)-- There are many threads in that forum dedicated to the MITS tvs.

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mlyle said:
I do not mean to insult if you have done this, but sometimes it is the really obvious---
-- Did you change the cables too? I switched component cable to make sure that wasn't the problem
-- Did you change which input you were using on the TV.... yes, went into Component input # 2, same problem
-- Did you change the type of input on the TV (from HDMI to Component or vice/versa?) ....No, but am going to try HDMI

Hard to believe you would get 2 bad units with this odd problem in a row- so I would assume, TV, perhaps just the TV-input, or cables before I would go swapping another HR20. Really its three because the original one is where it started

I have a Mits WD-Y57, and have had no similar issue with an HR-20 coming in on HDMI-1...going to buy an HDMI cable today and see if I still have the issue

By any chance, if you have a *31 or *32 or WD-Y* machine (2006 or 2007 model)-- are you inputting on the DVI? The DVI on at least some of these models can swicth from analog to digital, and is meant for a PC-- I don't know if you can hook up to an HR20 easily with it, you might want to check the forums on avsforum for that (Forum>Display Devices>Rear Projection>)-- There are many threads in that forum dedicated to the MITS tvs.
...I have a WD 62-832

Thanks for the help.

I outputted from the s-video and the component at the same time and put the tv in PIP mode and could only see the lines in the compnent window. I see the lines from all three TV sources: HD Dish, SD Dish (locals) & OTA (HD locals). So its not them. Its my box or TV component circuitry.

I talked to the TV place and they said they know of people that have had to go through 4-5 boxes before fixing it.

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The other thing I have tried and seems to minimize the problem was to:
DTV Menu > Settings > TV Type > Resolutions
I de-selected all formats

This significantly reduces the lines, but still get faint ones, once in a while. But now my tv thinks I'm getting 480i all the time. It looks like HD is in HD, but seems like there is a bug somewhere.

·
Legend
147 Posts
Do you have your TV plugged into a UPS? I had faint lines scrolling up my RPTV Mitsubishi and after I installed a UPS for the TV and the Tivo the problem went away.

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
crendall said:
Do you have your TV plugged into a UPS? I had faint lines scrolling up my RPTV Mitsubishi and after I installed a UPS for the TV and the Tivo the problem went away.
I have a heavy-duty Monster surge protector that it has been plugged into from the beginning. I reorganized all the wires last week thinking something was crossed and getting feedback. No luck.

·
Icon
728 Posts
I have a WD-73927 and have no problems with my TV or HR20. I have my HR20 hooked up via HDMI. You may give that a try.

·
Legend in his own mind...
324 Posts
Also try turning off basically everything else in the room (including lighting). I had a panel that caught input interference from a poorly-designed florescent bulb in a lamp nearby. Turned off the bulb and that did it.

Don't forget about those brick transformers either. The one to recharge my beard trimmer gives the baby monitor fits. It would probably give you brain cancer if you held it next to your head. :D

·
Legend
156 Posts
WD-Y65 here and no issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.