DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Icon
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My HR20-100 for some reason stopped showing HD channels. It happened when I hooked up my Seagate FA Pro that I had recieved back from Seagate. (mine bit the dust). The HR20 would not boot back up correct with The SA Pro hooked up. It also would not show up as a drive on my computer. It showed up as a device, just no drive letter, and it was split into 3 seperate partitions. I fixed that and got it all on one partition, but when I booted back up my HR20 without the FA Pro for some reason I could not pick up any HD. SD came in fine. I swapped B Band converters, still no luck. After about 30 minutes or so on the phone with a tech, and no I did not meantion the word Esata, We came to the conclusion the Reciever was Bad. He did a swap and added the AM21 since I cannot get one of my locals in HD.

Now I decided to try hooking up the FA Pro again after I fixed the drive letter and partition and low and behold the HR20 boots up fine, and finds the FA Pro just fine. It also shows HD. I unhooked the FA Pro and it also boots up fine and plays HD that way.

Would you keep the HR20 or go ahead and swap it out. The other issue is I have read the FA Pro will not work with the HR21's.

What would You Do ??

· Registered
5,952 Posts
The FA Pro will not work with the HR21, so include that with your considerations. I'm using an FA Pro 750 with my HR20-700 and it works fine. It won't work (and this is well documented) with the HR21 series, period.

The HR21/AM21 works very well, but is more sluggish than my HR20-700, or my wife's HR20-100. The OTA tuner in the AM21 is outstanding

· Hall Of Fame
1,945 Posts
However, trying to control recordings made with the AM21 is a DISASTER. They will start, and stop. Mostly. Sometimes. But other button pushes should be attempted at your own risk.

Also, the video will just freeze occasionally, and/or completely pixillate for 5-10 seconds. Sometimes video will coninue after a while on its own, sometimes you have to bang buttons for a while to get it to resume. This hardware/software combo is not fit for a landfill. I have too much respect for the seagulls.

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
Maruuk, I'm sure your experience is very valid but I have had the opposite experience. I've had no problems controlling recordings made with AM21. So, I suppose the best that can be said is, your mileage may vary.

· Icon
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I will just keep the HR20 for now. Thx for the input

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.