DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Icon
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, not sure what happened but when I went to watch Survivor I noticed it said "partial". For some reason it only recorded 1 hour and 3 minutes of the 2 hour premier. At first I though maybe there was a conflict but nope. It just stopped.

I haven't had any problems with missed recordings for a long time. Anyone else get a partial recording during Survivor?

· Cool Member
24 Posts
cdizzy said:
Well, not sure what happened but when I went to watch Survivor I noticed it said "partial". For some reason it only recorded 1 hour and 3 minutes of the 2 hour premier. At first I though maybe there was a conflict but nope. It just stopped.

I haven't had any problems with missed recordings for a long time. Anyone else get a partial recording during Survivor?
i am having same issues... called direct.... they are aware of the problem...but, no guess on repair

· Premium Member
36,659 Posts
cdizzy said:

Did you check your "To Do" list to see if the show would record in it's entirety after you scheduled it? My wife didn't and lost the whole show because something with a higher priority ran until 10:01.

You gotta check the "To Do" list every day for those "must see" shows. I've explained this to my wife, who holds a bachelors and a masters degree in IT of some sort and she still doesn't get it. Keeps blaming the HR. My teenage son understands it, yet my wife with her three degrees (bachelors in accounting, too) can't seem to get it.

Rich

· Hall Of Fame
5,000 Posts
I just read in another post that there is a update coming before the end of the month for OTA on the HR20. Hope it helps. Keep an eye out the next few days to see if your reciever gets the update.

· Icon
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rich584 said:
Did you check your "To Do" list to see if the show would record in it's entirety after you scheduled it? My wife didn't and lost the whole show because something with a higher priority ran until 10:01.

You gotta check the "To Do" list every day for those "must see" shows. I've explained this to my wife, who holds a bachelors and a masters degree in IT of some sort and she still doesn't get it. Keeps blaming the HR. My teenage son understands it, yet my wife with her three degrees (bachelors in accounting, too) can't seem to get it.

Rich
I think I was wrong in blaming the HR20 all together. My wife and I went out that night and we had a babysitter. Unfortunatly, She may have hit stop or something. :(

· Godfather
419 Posts
I had something similar with the Pilot episode of The Mentalist. Although it didn't say anything about "partial." It said "1 hour" and the timeline bar made it look like it was an hour, but about 12 minutes in it just stopped and the Delete/Save thing popped up.

Only happened on one unit, it was fine on the other, fortunately. Bad one was on a 20-100, good one was a 20-700, in case it matters.

· Premium Member
36,659 Posts
cdizzy said:
I think I was wrong in blaming the HR20 all together. My wife and I went out that night and we had a babysitter. Unfortunatly, She may have hit stop or something. :(
One of my nightmares is the in-laws coming to visit. I tell them not to surf and they surf. I tell them to ask my son or me if something happens that they don't understand and I find them sitting in one of the family rooms pressing every button on the remote and saying that there is something wrong with my DVRs. Couldn't be them, they're all too smart to make mistakes or ask questions. And when they get something so screwed up and I ask them what they did, I get "nothing".

People make mistakes. People don't take responsibility for those mistakes. Must be a normal human condition.

Rich

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.