DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have spoken to CSR's/ Managers/ retention and anyone else you can think of, I have not received any type of answer or help. In February, there was an update, at the time I had an HR22. That day, there started a delay in accessing the Playlist, and other controls. At the time I figured it was just re-setting with the new update, after a week there was no improvement. I don't mean a slight annoying delay...It takes 2 minutes ( 1 minute 45) for anything to appear when I try to access the list.

I spoke to CSR's that did the usual resets etc...finally a few more weeks in, they told me there's nothing anyone can do & that it's a bad receiver (coincidentally the receiver went bad after the latest software release). I figured, I'll trade it out, because after a month of not being able to use it,at least I would be able to watch shows again. Directv sent me an R16 receiver, which is just about obsolete.

I called back & insisted that I receive something comparable to what I had, we went through all the " we don't know what model they will send", and finally sent me a refurbished HR20. I hooked it up, it showed the old GUI for the 1st half hour & worked fine. Then it downloaded the newest software update & went right back to 2 minute wait times to access the playlist & to delete items.

I checked other forums & it seems that other people are having these problems. In all honesty it is unwatchable. It is frustrating, it removes any enjoyment that may be had.

What can I do? Is there an issue because the receivers can not handle this software. Is it because I do not subscribe to HD, but the receiver can handle both HD/SD so it takes the software, but creates issues?

Can anyone help?

·
Hall Of Fame
16,344 Posts
Wait a minute, are you saying they swapped out an HR22 with an R16 as a replacement for defective, then the R16 with an HR20? That shouldn't be possible.

What software got downloaded to the HR20?

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just an update, two weeks ago I received the 0x05cd update and the problems finally cleared up. I press the List button and my list appears... since January I could press the list button, then go to the bathroom, make a cup of coffee & have a short nap, then the list appears! :)

Anyway, it is no longer slow & it makes all the difference. It was honestly like 2 1/2 minutes between pressing the button & action to be performed to open the list and anything in the list (info, delete etc...).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.