DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Legend
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Been a while since I posted. I have a HR20-100S that started a disk scan 2 days ago after a power failure. Well it's finially done at 100% complete but that screen showing the progress and errors found (a lot) and errors corrected is still showing. Do I reboot it it now or should it continue on it's own?

· Legend
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I rebooted and it has some strange graphic artifects while at the screen that showed the DT logo (after self check) but it came up and seems fine. BTW .... it had 37184 errors found and 18887 corrected.

· Legend
202 Posts
WOW! That's a ton. I would run the diskcheck multiple times and see if you can get zero. I did this proceedure and the first time it found and fixed 9 errors, then the second time it found and fixed 3, and then the third time it found and fixed 1. The fourth time it was zero zero.
To run the diskcheck manually, reboot the box and when the screen says running reciever self check, press the select button on the remote. There are lots of diagnostic stuff that comes up, and one of them is the diskcheck.

· Hall Of Fame
6,724 Posts
My HR20-100 did the same thing early last year. It worked fine for awhile, but then started to do the scanning again. I finally was able to watch what was on it and then deactivated it and acquired an HR25 on line as a replacement.

So, watch what you can and replace it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.