DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Legend
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received a HR20-700 to replace a HR10-250 that had died on Monday. I have the protection plan. Directv did a great job getting it to me in 2 days on FedEx. Only problem is the receiver never goes any further than startup screen. It just keeps resetting itself and running the startup over and over again. After being on the phone with tech support for about 1 hour they are sending out another unit. The unit was a refurbished unit. Is this common with these new HDDVR's. So no HDTV this weekend.:mad:

·
You make it, We break it
4,722 Posts
What video connection are you using on startup? If it's HDMI, you may want to try component or even S-Video to see if you can completely startup. If you can, do a red button reset and when you see the "Hello" screen, type 02468 on your remote. This will force the latest software download. If you can get it completely started up from there, turn off the unit, hook your HDMI back up, and turn it back on to see if it works.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
You can also try to do the hardware format option.
While the system is starting... hold down the down arrow and record, until the unit restarts.

·
Legend
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I changed to component cables, forced the software update and still the same startup constant loop. It never would let me do the hardware format. I guess I just got a bad one.

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
jeffloby said:
I changed to component cables, forced the software update and still the same startup constant loop. It never would let me do the hardware format. I guess I just got a bad one.
Sounds like a bad one, but try one other thing. Unplug the receiver and let it set for 5-10 mins, then try again.

·
Legend
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, but I tried that also. DirecTV has already shipped out a different one, so maybe I will get lucky with this one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.