DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My RV HR20-700 will not get ota channels when I have to boot it up and the tempature is over 55 degrees in my motorhome. I get the searching 792 code on my screen. In warm weather I have to put it in the refrig. for 2 hrs., then it boots up fine and will work great untill I have to disconnect and move. All other functions work normal all the time in any weather. I installed it in my house and go through the cooling process and it works fine untill the electric happens to go off and then I have to cool it again. It tunes to all the channels but will not bring them in like the RF amp. is not working. The HR20 has only about a years service on it. Crazy or what?

·
Broadcast Engineer
4,153 Posts
Something in the OTA tuner has become intermittent and temp sensitive. I've seen a lot of crazy RF things in my time, but this doesn't even come close to crazy, so I vote no on "crazy", and yes on "what". But it really doesn't matter what or why. The best path is still...
Scott Kocourek said:
Sounds like it's time for a replacement.

·
Icon
652 Posts
Have you checked your antenna connections? Oxidation in cable connections can cause all sorts of odd issues. also check your grounding - temperture changes can cause flexing of all sorts of odd things as well, and there are loss of things to flex in an RV!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.