DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Mentor
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I searched the forums and didn't find the answer I was looking for, so here goes. If I hook up an ota antenna to my hr20 700 can I record two programs and watch something over the ota antenna

thanks in advance

· Registered
1,210 Posts
richardmb said:
Ok I searched the forums and didn't find the answer I was looking for, so here goes. If I hook up an ota antenna to my hr20 700 can I record two programs and watch something over the ota antenna

thanks in advance
No, you can only access 2 tuners at one time...2 sat, 1 sat 1 ota, or 2 ota.

· Hall Of Fame
4,922 Posts
richardmb said:

thanks in advance
Keeping VOD (DOD) out of the picture - NO. If recording ANY two different programs already, be they OTA or SAT, you would be limited to watching something ready recorded (or either of the shows you are currently recording).

· Godfather
499 Posts
richardmb said:
Thanks I guess I'll just hook one up directly to the panny
Get a two way splitter and connect both the DVR and the TV. That way you can still record OTA programs and watch OTA if receiver is busy with two recording tasks.

· Lifetime Achiever
28,927 Posts
2dogz said:
Get a two way splitter and connect both the DVR and the TV. That way you can still record OTA programs and watch OTA if receiver is busy with two recording tasks.
Yup, this should work in most cases .. especially if you have a very strong OTA signal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.