DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cool Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure this thread and these items have been brought up before, but I could not find them all in the same thread. So I apologize in advance for that and thank anyone that can help me.

I bought the machine almost a month ago and DT just swapped it out and hooked me up with the new dish yesterday.

I recorded a few local HD shows last night and went to watch them and after 7 minutes, it locked up and I could not go forward or backward. Then the show that was recorded directly after it was just a grey screen. I played back a few other shows I recorded and they seemed fine, except that I cannot use the fast forward button. When I press it, it just locks on a screen and the screen moves about a second forward, then backwards, repeatedly. The 30 second skip button works well, as do the backwards buttons, but the fast forward is the only one not working. But this function works well while I am watching live tv.........

So is this glitch fixable by a download? and if not Who do I get a new machine from, best buy or DT?

How can I set shows to record to my prioritize list?
Is there a way to get info manually downloaded to the machine? Tivo allowed you to make the phone call yourself to get data and updates.......can you do that on this because my guide is only showing a few days in advance right now.

Obviously tivo blows this thing out of the water, but I basically have to make this work. I appreciate anything yuo guys can help me out with.

Thanks and sorry to waste your time.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
FF right now is glitchy with the latest build.
DirecTV knows about it... they are working on the fix... and it should be here soon.

For now... just use the 30s slip.

To set programs to your prioritize list: Hit R twice so the programs shows R))) in the guide, or go into the program and on the Record menu, you will see a second tab called Series Link

Download, no.
Data/Guide updates are streamed constantly to the box. With a small window of DirecTV getting the guide data, it is sent out to the boxes.

It takes about 24 hours to load the full 14 days worth of guide data (it did this as well on the TiVo).

And actually...
You will find a lot of varying agreement/disagreement to your: TiVo blows this thing out of the water.

·
Cool Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for answering Earl, I enjoy reading your posts.

I rebooted and formatted the machine and got the new software.

I had better luck with the prioritize list. Thanks.

Did this software fix the glitch that when I record an HD local and went to play it it was just a grey screen?

I hope the FF is fixed soon.

Thanks - and perhaps in a few days/weeks I will not care about my old tivo I gave up. Thankfully I still have one upstairs that I will use as long as it lasts.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
You should have to "reformat" to get the new software version....

Yes, this should fix the Black/Grey screen. On occasion you may have to "play" the program twice, but the program should play.

And yes.. FF will be fixed soon.

It took me a solid month or so to get used to the new GUI (converting from TiVo)

·
Cool Member
30 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
To set programs to your prioritize list: Hit R twice so the programs shows R))) in the guide, or go into the program and on the Record menu, you will see a second tab called Series Link
Hmm thats cool!

·
Cool Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well the FF glitch is still there, BUT I recorded the ball game and then turned it on an hour into it and started the game via MYVod and I was able to fast forward easily with it. I just dont understand how I can fast forward it when its not done recording but as soon as its completed and you go to watch it the FF locks it up.

I wish the 30 s skip button would be like the jump back button. It jumps back wihtout hesitation. The skip forward runs through the program 30 secs. I wisht hat feature would just skip - like tivo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.