DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
AllStar
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new to the forum. I got my HR20-700 yesterday and so far it's working good, I am not getting my 5lnb dish till next weekend though. Anyway the only problem I'm having so far is I can't program my DirecTV remote to work with my Pioneer receiver. I go to the screen to program my remote and do what it says on the screen, I have a code that works but when I do the second part to make the volume work it takes the code 993 I think it was but still my volume won't work. I have it on the AV1 switch at the top when I test it but nothing. I'm just wondering if anyone else is reporting issues like this?

Thanks

·
Remote Master
1,818 Posts
It doesn't matter what brand of AUD receiver you have, the vol keys never work initially, not until you do the following: There needs to be a TV code programmed to the TV device, or the vol keys won't work. Then:

1. Av1
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9-9-3
4. press VOL UP

·
AllStar
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope it's not working. It turns my receiver off and on, but the volume don't work :(.

·
Remote Master
1,818 Posts
If you're using code 30080, then there is nothing you can do, because the vol keys are blank with that code. Use code 31023.

·
AllStar
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am using 31023, thats tghe only code that powers on & off my receiver.

·
AllStar
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well thats odd... my remote works for my receiver now. I didn't do anything. Oh well thanks for the help anyway guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.