DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
5 Posts
I had the same issue when I intially set up my HR20.

The solution was to use the old fashion RCA cables and make sure you are set to 480i and on the right tv input.

As soon as I walk through the setup this way, I was able to re-connect with my HMDI cable and set the resolution to 1080p.

Hopefully this helps.

Brian

·
5 Posts
djfrankie said:
Stupid question, how do I set to 480i, when I can't past the first screen.

Frank
When this happened to me, the resolution was already pre-set to 480i (which is all you can get with RCA cables anyways). I was stupid in how I said it. For some reason, my Samsung LCD cannot handle 480i through HDMI or Component cables.

All that I had to do was switch inputs on the TV and plug in RCA cables while the lights were blinking through the resolutions. The setup screen was there as soon as I switch to RCA cables.

It took me a good 45 minutes to figure this out when it happened to me.

Brian

·
5 Posts
djfrankie said:
I also have a Samsung LCD, i will try it. Do you switch to HDMI after setup and activation?

Frank
yes. you can plug in the HDMI cable and switch to what ever resolution you want...as long as it isn't 480i.

Also...one thing crazy about my Samsung LCD is if I use the optical audio output from the tv, every time the TV turns on it switches the Receiver to Stereo mode instead of Dolby Digital or Prologic. Are you seeing the same issue? My problem went away when I moved the optical audio output from the TV to the HR20.

Brian

·
5 Posts
djfrankie said:
Thank you, it worked (with component).

When can I switch to HDMI, how do I get 1080i res to show?

Frank
As soon as I was watching TV, I just change cables to HDMI and hit the format button on the remote until I was on 1080i.

Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.