DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Legend
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the h20 successfully receiving all the HD channels (including locals 80,82,86,88) with the 3 LNB dish. I had the HR20 installed and the only channels I receive are 80 and 82. All the others have an "not purchased" (70,71,,78) or Not available in your area" (72,79) message or the screen is just blank (73,74,75,76,77,and 86. 88 is sound but no pic, . The channels are still being received successfully on the H20. Does the HR20 require the monstrous :nono: 5LNB dish or will it work with the 3 LNB?
What is the deal with the slimline antenna? In conversation with Directv support the customer service rep said he has never heard of the slimeline antenna. Thanks. I am getting extremely frustrated with customer service.

·
Godfather
253 Posts
The 5 LNB will dish will only give you MPEG4 locals. I know the NY channels in the 80s are East Coast feeds. Eventually they'll want you to move to the larger dish to move you to HD locals. I have an H20 and HR20 and they receive the same channels. I'd call D* and have them send codes back to your HR20 to resolve. Only other hardware issue could be a multiswitch or bad coax wiring. Good luck.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
magellanmtb said:
I currently have the h20 successfully receiving all the HD channels (including locals 80,82,86,88) with the 3 LNB dish. I had the HR20 installed and the only channels I receive are 80 and 82. All the others have an "not purchased" (70,71,,78) or Not available in your area" (72,79) message or the screen is just blank (73,74,75,76,77,and 86. 88 is sound but no pic, . The channels are still being received successfully on the H20. Does the HR20 require the monstrous :nono: 5LNB dish or will it work with the 3 LNB?
What is the deal with the slimline antenna? In conversation with Directv support the customer service rep said he has never heard of the slimeline antenna. Thanks. I am getting extremely frustrated with customer service.
The 5LNB is not required to use an HR20.

Basically what it sounds like is that your Access card in your HR20 did not receive the authorization packets for those channels... or something is wrong with the signal from the multiswitch to your box.

What are your signal readings for the 110 and 119 sats

·
DBSTalk Club Member
251 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
The 5LNB is not required to use an HR20.
I thought I read somewhere that it was, but perhaps that's because I'm viewing Pittsburgh (PA) locals and they're broadcast in MPEG-4? (Not to thread-jack, but...) How can I find out whether this information was accurate or not? Do I need the 5LNB with the HR20? I have a 3LNB dish now and wouldn't mind saving the install fee and trouble.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
iacas said:
I thought I read somewhere that it was, but perhaps that's because I'm viewing Pittsburgh (PA) locals and they're broadcast in MPEG-4? (Not to thread-jack, but...) How can I find out whether this information was accurate or not? Do I need the 5LNB with the HR20? I have a 3LNB dish now and wouldn't mind saving the install fee and trouble.
It is only "required" if you want the programming from the 99 and 103 sats.
Which are the MPEG-4 Locals

·
DBSTalk Club Member
251 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
It is only "required" if you want the programming from the 99 and 103 sats.
Which are the MPEG-4 Locals
Ah, yes, then I guess I do need it, as I'm fairly certain the Pittsburgh locals are MPEG-4. Thanks. Dang that was fast.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
iacas said:
Ah, yes, then I guess I do need it, as I'm fairly certain the Pittsburgh locals are MPEG-4. Thanks. Dang that was fast.
I try... :) Unless you are in NY/LA, then HD Locals are in MPEG-4

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
carl6 said:
Typo Earl --- NY/LA HD locals are MPEG-2

Carl
That's what I said... Unless you are in NY/LA....

Then again NY/LA offer both MPEG-2 and MPEG-4

·
Legend
181 Posts
iacas said:
There should be no fee for the dish install, maybe a little trouble though:)

You need to call D* to get the access card correctly set up.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
251 Posts
Andrew_J_M said:
There should be no fee for the dish install, maybe a little trouble though:)
Yes there is. I live in Erie, PA and get Pittsburgh local channels, if you know what I mean...

Andrew_J_M said:
You need to call D* to get the access card correctly set up.
OK. I'll do that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.