DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
DBSTalk Club Member
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I have read all the Harmony 880 threads, but didn't find an answer to this problem.
When I select an Activity that doesn't use the HR20 (listen to radio, play DVD, etc.), the 880 doesn't turn the HR20 off. I told the Harmony setup to turn off the HR20 device when not needed, did the Learn IR command for the HR20 RC34 remote Power buttons (tried setting it for discrete buttons for On/Off and one button toggle).
All other components are being controlled as needed.
I have used the Help in the remote, no go.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Ken
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,914 Posts
PoplarBranch said:
I think I have read all the Harmony 880 threads, but didn't find an answer to this problem.
When I select an Activity that doesn't use the HR20 (listen to radio, play DVD, etc.), the 880 doesn't turn the HR20 off. I told the Harmony setup to turn off the HR20 device when not needed, did the Learn IR command for the HR20 RC34 remote Power buttons (tried setting it for discrete buttons for On/Off and one button toggle).
All other components are being controlled as needed.
I have used the Help in the remote, no go.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Ken
My 880 did what your asking it to do by default and I changed it because we prefer to have the extra light at night. It sound funny. OTOH, we turn off the BR unit because we don't want the light there.

Dumb question, but is your RC34 currently set for IR or RF? Of course if it's set for RF no IR commands will be learned.

Lastly I would delete the device and rerun set-up with the activity. It should work by default and you shouldn't have to teach the 880 anything, other than the "fake" double click of the guide button.
 

·
Cool Member
Joined
·
17 Posts
PoplarBranch said:
I think I have read all the Harmony 880 threads, but didn't find an answer to this problem.
When I select an Activity that doesn't use the HR20 (listen to radio, play DVD, etc.), the 880 doesn't turn the HR20 off. I told the Harmony setup to turn off the HR20 device when not needed, did the Learn IR command for the HR20 RC34 remote Power buttons (tried setting it for discrete buttons for On/Off and one button toggle).
All other components are being controlled as needed.
I have used the Help in the remote, no go.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Ken
Ken, if you receive a helpful reply, let me know. I posted a couple of weeks ago about a similar problem, but received no reply. My HR20 works flawlessly, however, its on/off functions do not work in activities with my Harmony 880.

Strangely enough, it does properly turn on in the "watch TV" activity, but subsequent activities...audio only...Watch a DVD, etc. the power on/off does not function.

I just leave it on all the time !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,747 Posts
Somewhere on the Logitech website is on option or setup that specifically asks whether or not there are certain pieces of equipment you want to stay turned on or off all the time. I'll try to look for it. But at the end of the day this should work you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,501 Posts
I am using the IR side of the 890 and my HR20 is listed like this as the device at the Harmony programing page and it toggles the power on the HR20 when I select the FM on my Bose.

Satellite - DirecTV PVR (HR20-700)

- Troubleshoot
- More Options
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
3,876 Posts
Have any of you downloaded the Harmony stand alone browser? I find it easier to use than logging onto the website.

You also may want to update the remote firmware, the latest version is 4.1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,880 Posts
machavez00 said:
Have any of you downloaded the Harmony stand alone browser? I find it easier to use than logging onto the website.

You also may want to update the remote firmware, the latest version is 4.1
Where do you see that? When I do a firmware upgrade for my 880, it says I already have the latest firmware (version 4.0).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,880 Posts
PoplarBranch said:
When I select an Activity that doesn't use the HR20 (listen to radio, play DVD, etc.), the 880 doesn't turn the HR20 off. I told the Harmony setup to turn off the HR20 device when not needed, did the Learn IR command for the HR20 RC34 remote Power buttons (tried setting it for discrete buttons for On/Off and one button toggle).
Double check the discrete power button options and ensure that you don't have PowerOn set for both the On and Off commands for the HR20.
 

·
New Member
Joined
·
8 Posts
PoitNarf said:
Double check the discrete power button options and ensure that you don't have PowerOn set for both the On and Off commands for the HR20.
I second that...
My 880 turns the HR20 off fine when switching to activities that don't use it, but I did make sure that the discrete power button options were correct.

FYI, I noticed there are a lot of variations on the HR20 model name in the Logitech device database. Seems like people submitted ones with slight changes like including the manufacturer number after the model, including a dash, not including a dash, etc. etc. Maybe some of these don't have the discrete power buttons learned at all. In that case, you may want to "relearn" the on and off power buttons and then double-check the activity configuration.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,880 Posts
woofpup said:
FYI, I noticed there are a lot of variations on the HR20 model name in the Logitech device database. Seems like people submitted ones with slight changes like including the manufacturer number after the model, including a dash, not including a dash, etc. etc. Maybe some of these don't have the discrete power buttons learned at all. In that case, you may want to "relearn" the on and off power buttons and then double-check the activity configuration.
Perhaps. I used "HR20-700" as the model # which had all the correct power options set, but I had to redo a couple of the trickplay functions manually.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,035 Posts
I also used HR20-700. I specifically set my HR-20 to **not** turn itself off (standby). If I have had to do a reboot, I will turn the unit into standby manually to try and speed the rebuilding of the program guide.
 

·
The Shadow Knows!
Joined
·
37,060 Posts
-re: the OP's question, click on the HR20 (on the left side, not the activity which might be called "Watch TV") and choose More Options. Choose Adjust Power Settings and tell it to turn the HR20 off when not in use.

-Also for all Harmony 880 users: There is new software version 7.2.0 which allows for lower case letters on the LCD screen (FINALLY!!) and solves the problem where the tilt sensor stopped working with software version 7.0.2.
 

·
DBSTalk Club Member
Joined
·
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the replies, guys. After checking all the settings again and finding nothing wrong, even the Pwr On/Off suggestions (which I thought may have been the problem), I deleted the Watch DirecTv Activity, deleted the HR20-700 Device. Then added the device back, then the Activity.
All is working perfectly.

Merry Christmas to all

Ken
 

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
Joined
·
12,182 Posts
Ken - glad you got your problems sorted out. Happy holidays! :)
 

·
Cool Member
Joined
·
15 Posts
woofpup said:
I second that...
My 880 turns the HR20 off fine when switching to activities that don't use it, but I did make sure that the discrete power button options were correct.

FYI, I noticed there are a lot of variations on the HR20 model name in the Logitech device database. Seems like people submitted ones with slight changes like including the manufacturer number after the model, including a dash, not including a dash, etc. etc. Maybe some of these don't have the discrete power buttons learned at all. In that case, you may want to "relearn" the on and off power buttons and then double-check the activity configuration.
What are the discrete power button options and how do you set them?
 

·
I am Iron Man!
Joined
·
1,672 Posts
philn said:
Ken, if you receive a helpful reply, let me know. I posted a couple of weeks ago about a similar problem, but received no reply. My HR20 works flawlessly, however, its on/off functions do not work in activities with my Harmony 880.

Strangely enough, it does properly turn on in the "watch TV" activity, but subsequent activities...audio only...Watch a DVD, etc. the power on/off does not function.

I just leave it on all the time !
MIne seems to do this fine. I just make sure the settting in the harmony site is set to turn it off or on as I want when not in use.
 

·
I am Iron Man!
Joined
·
1,672 Posts
THe issue I have with the harmony 880 is facorite channels. If I Program 231 for FOOD-TV the 2 then 3 then 1 are sent so far apart that the HR20 thinks I want channel 2 then 3 then 1. Does anyone know how to speed up the 2-3-1 being sent to the HR20?
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,765 Posts
Yes you need to go into the settings for the device you want to speed it up on. In this case that would be your HR-20 (PVR) device.

From your home page click on the more options button for the PVR device then click on Adjust the delays I have mine all set to 0 (ZERO) and the channel changes on favorites works flawlessly.

gcisko said:
THe issue I have with the harmony 880 is facorite channels. If I Program 231 for FOOD-TV the 2 then 3 then 1 are sent so far apart that the HR20 thinks I want channel 2 then 3 then 1. Does anyone know how to speed up the 2-3-1 being sent to the HR20?
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
3,876 Posts
gcisko said:
THe issue I have with the harmony 880 is facorite channels. If I Program 231 for FOOD-TV the 2 then 3 then 1 are sent so far apart that the HR20 thinks I want channel 2 then 3 then 1. Does anyone know how to speed up the 2-3-1 being sent to the HR20?
My 659(IR) did the same thing. I tried changing the delays, no help. I even set the delay to zero, same result. I had to replace my 659 when one of the soft buttons did not work any longer. BB does not carry the 659 any longer and was replaced with 670 thru PSP I bought. It does not have a media button at all. I did notice the last time I went to update the favorites(on 659), the TV schedule was no longer available, just a screen to set up favorite channels.

I wonder if the 890 set to RF mode has the same issues with favorites?

Side note on remote firmware. 4.1 is the latest for firmware for 659/670. 880 must be on different rev.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top