Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Legend
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a question about the HD pay per view on Channel 99 using the HR20. I wanted to purchase Mission Impossible 3 last night (actually it was early this morning at 5:30AM)

I went to the HR20 DirecTV guide and pressed the select button to purchase and record this show but I was only given the option to record this show not purchase it.

Why was there not a purchase button for this? I did press the R buttion on my remote to record it but I am wondering since it did not give me an option to purchase this is it really recorded or is this a problem or glitch with the HR20 for HD PPVs????

Thanks for any feedback. :)

·
Legend
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spanky_Partain said:
You can record ALL the PPV channels you want. If you watch them, it will prompt you to pay.
Ok so if I go into my recording and press PLAY then I will be prompted to pay for it at that point?

Spanky..............I appreciate your feedback. :)

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,331 Posts
One caveat to all this, at least I think it is. If a phone line isn't installed to the HR20, the automatic PPV functions will be disabled. I also believe that you still can order PPV via web and the HR20 will be made aware of the authorizations. ("At least the installer and CSR said it would.") :)

Merry Christmas,
Tom

·
Icon
563 Posts
mjm76 said:
Thanks again!
There is usually an option to buy if you tune to a PPV is on air or 10 minutes before. In the guide if you select the program there is also a buy option but you can buy and not record (you need to set up record) or record and not buy (until you watch).

·
Godfather
573 Posts
dvrblogger said:
There is usually an option to buy if you tune to a PPV is on air or 10 minutes before. In the guide if you select the program there is also a buy option but you can buy and not record (you need to set up record) or record and not buy (until you watch).
I've had a couple of issues with this. If you select the ppv in the guide and choose to purchase you get immediate access to it if it's an all day ticket, and also access to it till the next day. At least I believe that's how it works. But if you choose to record it you only get access to that particular showing if you choose to purchase when you watch it, so you lose access to it for the rest of that day's showings.

What's the recommended way to purchase, record and still have access to the ppv for the rest of the all day ticket?
John

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
No, it is yours to keep. Seems when I talked with D* about this, there may be a time limit, but I do not remember.

Anyone else?

·
AllStar
56 Posts
Doesn't work for me to record. I can watch it all day, but when I try to record it, nothing comes up in playback but a black screen. It also doesn't allow me to record or watch it if I order it from the web. I still have four tivo units and all of them can record it but the HR20 doesn't. I spent two hours last night with Customer Service and they don't have an anser except re'format your disc.

·
Icon
895 Posts
Spanky_Partain said:
No, it is yours to keep. Seems when I talked with D* about this, there may be a time limit, but I do not remember.

Anyone else?
I believe the time limit is 2 weeks, but you will know when it's deleted from your disk. :D

·
Legend
178 Posts
jonaswan2 said:
I believe the time limit is 2 weeks, but you will know when it's deleted from your disk. :D
I recorded one in October when I got the HR20 and I can still play the recording today. I did, however, mark it as keep until I delete.

·
Icon
563 Posts
hankjr said:
Doesn't work for me to record. I can watch it all day, but when I try to record it, nothing comes up in playback but a black screen. It also doesn't allow me to record or watch it if I order it from the web. I still have four tivo units and all of them can record it but the HR20 doesn't. I spent two hours last night with Customer Service and they don't have an anser except re'format your disc.
There is no time limit today as long as you mark the prgram as keep. Ordering on the web will give you acess to the broadcast but you need to "record" it manually if you wnat to keep it.

·
Godfather
441 Posts
I recorded MI3 a day ago and it came back with two recordings. One said it started and stopped at the same time so I deleted that one. Then I went to the other listing and it said it had been deleted.

I tried again last night and I got two recordings again.

Is this right?

I am under the impression that I will be asked to purchase the show when I go to play it, and that I can watch it and keep it on my HR20 for the next two weeks or more, right?

So I can try to play it tonight and if it works save it till New Years Eve when I plan on watching it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.