DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 512 Posts

·
Icon
730 Posts
Earl said it will be an extended rollout. God I hope it is not going to be as extended as the 6.3 update for the HR10. Earl any news as to if the rollout is going to be painfully slow like the HR10?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Strejcek said:
Earl said it will be an extended rollout. God I hope it is not going to be as extended as the 6.3 update for the HR10. Earl any news as to if the rollout is going to be painfully slow like the HR10?
It is going to be SLOW at first, then move quickly after that. I don't expect it to take as long as 6.3 did for the HR10

·
Icon
730 Posts
I hope so, took me 6 weeks to get HR10 update.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Strejcek said:
I hope so, took me 6 weeks to get HR10 update.
Heck... hopefully in 6 weeks we get another release, with some other new features... :)

:backtotop

·
DBSTalk Club Member
96 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Heck... hopefully in 6 weeks we get another release, with some other new features... :)

:backtotop
Earl, since we are geographically close, and I am new to the world of D* DVR, can you give me an idea how long it has taken past slow rollouts to reach the midwest? Not looking for precision, just a guide. No MPEG4 in CU, so I'm excited to receive the new release.

Thanks!

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CUIllini said:
Earl, since we are geographically close, and I am new to the world of D* DVR, can you give me an idea how long it has taken past slow rollouts to reach the midwest? Not looking for precision, just a guide. No MPEG4 in CU, so I'm excited to receive the new release.

Thanks!
This release is going to be a little longer then past ones, but you probably have it in ~ a week. Hopefully, comes Monday I'll be able to narrow it down some... but no promises

·
Hall Of Fame
1,339 Posts
Is "Info" going to tell me I am good to go for OTA -- or should I watch the Blue Eye brightness to tell me I've received an update?

[After Earl answered] -- I shouldn't post till thoroughly awake. Of course, this takes another Update and all the usual conditions prevail. Duh!

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ed Campbell said:
Is "Info" going to tell me I am good to go for OTA -- or should I watch the Blue Eye brightness to tell me I've received an update?
Only if you are in the initial set for 0x104

Let's keep this thread about the OTA feature, and not "when we all get it"

Be sure to check the release notes, there are several "other" things that where updated/changed with this release.

·
Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08
5,222 Posts
Can any comparisons be made, to those who have it, as to the tuner sensativity? I always noticed my H20's turner was better than my HR10's (fewer pixilations, close towers the antenna was not directly pointed toward came in on the H20 that did not on the HR10).

·
Godfather
260 Posts
One quick question. With my HR10-250 I only had 2 cable runs and used a diplexer, and I understand that I need a dedicated line for the HR20. My question is can I use a splitter on the OTA line and run one to the HR10 upstairs and run one line downstairs to the HR20? Or will this make the signals too weak?

·
Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08
5,222 Posts
EMoMoney said:
One quick question. With my HR10-250 I only had 2 cable runs and used a diplexer, and I understand that I need a dedicated line for the HR20. My question is can I use a splitter on the OTA line and run one to the HR10 upstairs and run one line downstairs to the HR20? Or will this make the signals too weak?
I am doing this (my HR20 is all ready for OTA activation!) because that's what I did when my H20 was where my HR20 now is. It worked fine. No loss of signal.

·
Registered
14,718 Posts
So, if I want OTA on 2 HR20s, then is that 4 runs? Or can you not record 2 OTAs at the same time?

I'm sorry, I'm new to OTA and my Pop is now interested in OTA because of PQ.

·
Legend
249 Posts
Capmeister said:
Can any comparisons be made, to those who have it, as to the tuner sensativity? I always noticed my H20's turner was better than my HR10's (fewer pixilations, close towers the antenna was not directly pointed toward came in on the H20 that did not on the HR10).
I'm very interested in this as well. The OTA tuner on the HR10 stunk, so I hope the one on the HR20 is much better.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Herdfan said:
Earl,

This may have been answered elsewhere, but do you know which ATSC chip the HR20 has? It is the same as the H20 which was rumored to be the 5th gen LG chip.

Thanks.
I don't know what is underneath those silver casings.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sigma1914 said:
So, if I want OTA on 2 HR20s, then is that 4 runs? Or can you not record 2 OTAs at the same time?

I'm sorry, I'm new to OTA and my Pop is now interested in OTA because of PQ.
1 single input for the OTA... it internall splits the OTA.
You can record 2 ota's at once.

·
Registered
14,718 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
1 single input for the OTA... it internall splits the OTA.
You can record 2 ota's at once.
Thanks Earl.
We have an old school attic antenna that's UHF-VHF that we're assuming will let us see what we pick up.

1 - 20 of 512 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.