DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Mentor
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right in the middle of watching a listing my HR20 will change the channel, thus moving focus to the tuner. :eek2: Sometimes it changes to something it needs to record...but other times it just changes for the heck of it. Has anyone else seen this?:confused:

· Registered
4,880 Posts
Are you using the original remote that came with the HR20? Do you have another remote you could use temporarily to see if it still exhibits this behavior? I have not seen this problem nor anyone report anything like this before, but it definitely sounds like a faulty remote.

Oh, and welcome to the forum :)

· Mentor
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PoitNarf said:
Are you using the original remote that came with the HR20? Do you have another remote you could use temporarily to see if it still exhibits this behavior? I have not seen this problem nor anyone report anything like this before, but it definitely sounds like a faulty remote.

Oh, and welcome to the forum :)
I am using a Harmony 880 but the blue power light was not blinking when the channel changes occured. So I assumed the problem was software. However, I though about the issue more.

I live in a community that has houses clustered close together. I never went into the setup and played with the remote settings, because it worked perfectly out of the box. I belief that because I never set it, it was defaulting to both IR & RF. I am hoping that a neighor is sending RF signals that my box is picking up. Its either that or a ghost haunts my box!

So I have set my remote to IR and crossed my fingers.:) Thanks and hello all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.