DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Cool Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the HR20 DVR and I had directv come over to hook my old HD receiver for me and the service guy said that my satellite needed to be upgraded so he replaced it on his own. I already had the 5 LNB satellite yet he said there was another one to replace it. I have not heard of any new satellite dishs, so I was curious if anyone had heard of this.
Also he said the Directv had some software to download that would allow me to hook my computer up the the USB port and record my DVR saved shows and movies. Anyone know about this? I apologize if this is a repeat thread.

· DBSTalk Club Member
485 Posts
My installer mentioned something about software to work with the computer and the USB port too. Haven't seen anything for that on this group. Wonder if anyone else has heard of this?

Bret

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Playboy: Unless he was talking about the Slimline (ATU) dish, that is the only new dish. And it is not "required", if you have the 5LNB AT9... it gives you know additional functionality.

As for the software download and the USB port...
Nope, there is no software update coming down that enables the USB port for that purpose.

· DBSTalk Club Member
251 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
As for the software download and the USB port...
Nope, there is no software update coming down that enables the USB port for that purpose.
So what will the USB port be enabled to do with the software update you speak of? :)

6 Posts
So Earl, will the USB be enabled to allow for networking via wireless? I have my NR20 in a spot that I don't have a CAT 5 Ethernet cable to it. I'd love to use wireless for this purpose.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
blnsfn2 said:
So Earl, will the USB be enabled to allow for networking via wireless? I have my NR20 in a spot that I don't have a CAT 5 Ethernet cable to it. I'd love to use wireless for this purpose.
Right now, I am unaware of any plans to have a USB wireless option.
You can purchase a wireless bridge (Linksys carries one), that allows you to convert RJ-45 to WIRELESS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.