DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Legend
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was using a friend's SA8300HD (on TWC) this weekend and there are a few things it does well that I wish the HR20 would do. Hopefully these suggestions might make their way to D*.

1. When searching by title, the grid that shows the letters of the alphabet will only highlight letters that can be a potential next letter in the available list of titles. For example, if I am searching for Heroes, if I enter HER, there might be shows that start with HERO or HERS, so only O and S are highlighted and you can move only between those two letters. This makes it much faster to enter search terms. Many other devices do this like most car Navigation Systems (e.g. Hertz NeverLost). Also just a minor difference is that the cursor starts in the middle of the grid (on the 'O') instead of 'A'. This makes it so that any initial letter is only at most 5 key presses away as opposed to starting on the 'A' where if the first letter of the show is 'Z' you have to click quite a bit to get there.

2. The guide scrolls MUCH faster on the 8300HD. The biggest difference is that when you page up or page down in the guide, there is no animation. When you scroll up or down (just up arrow to move up one entry) then there is an animation, but even that is much faster than the HR20. Also I noticed that the 'cursor position' was always on the middle entry (the 3rd one of 5) on the guide. For example, if the guide shows channels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, then 3 would be highlighted. If you scroll down, the guide will now show 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 4 will be highlighted. I'm not sure if I like this or not, however I do like it better than the way the HR20 moves to the top then scrolls on page up/page down which just seems like a waste of time.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.