DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cool Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: Hard drive on my primary HR20 went out in a fit of whirring, chattering, and finally twanging (yes twanging). Dead as a doornail - absolutely no signal coming out.

DTV sending out a replacement unit but not before rep insisted on asking "Can you check if your TV is on?"

-mvkajsk

·
Godfather
267 Posts
LOL! Sorry... I had to laugh at that... Sometimes I think a monkey would make a better CSR than some of the folks they have there now! Sorry to hear about your dead HR20 though. :(

·
Godfather
256 Posts
mvkajsk said:
:mad: Hard drive on my primary HR20 went out in a fit of whirring, chattering, and finally twanging (yes twanging). Dead as a doornail - absolutely no signal coming out.

DTV sending out a replacement unit but not before rep insisted on asking "Can you check if your TV is on?"

-mvkajsk
Classic! Had to laugh at that. Doesn't surprise me a bit. The CSR's at D* are probably some of the dumbest people I've ever encountered. They don't know **** about this equipment. They read all the little help questions off the computer monitor. I bypass them at all costs and go directly to tech support or a manager and they usually have half a brain but that's questionable also. Where do they find these people. It's a shame they can't find more qualified CSR's. Maybe if they paid them more than minimum wage they would get some brighter people.

·
Banned
1,614 Posts
I had to laugh about this - :mad:.

It's to bad the hard drive failed but it's nothing to be so :mad: about.
DIRECTV is sending you a new one.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,496 Posts
I've cleaned up this thread and it should be kept on topic from this point forward. There will be NO attacks of ANY kind allowed here. If this continues we will have to start dealing with it in a more serious manner. Thank you all

·
Banned
38 Posts
Clint Lamor said:
I've cleaned up this thread and it should be kept on topic from this point forward. There will be NO attacks of ANY kind allowed here. If this continues we will have to start dealing with it in a more serious manner. Thank you all
I have had to deal with D* MANY times since I got my HR20 last month, and with only one excpetion, they have been excellent. Sure they ask if you have the TV turned on, but have you ever wondered how many people have probably called them and never noticed that the TV was off?

The only problem I had with CSR was one rep who insisted that she couldn't recreate my problem on her unit. This went on for 30 minutes before she admitted that she was using an HR10, she didn't have access to an HR 20. Not her fault, but they should provide the right equipment for these people!

·
Legend
188 Posts
mvkajsk said:
:angel:

·
Hall Of Fame
2,496 Posts
islesfan44 said:
I have had to deal with D* MANY times since I got my HR20 last month, and with only one excpetion, they have been excellent. Sure they ask if you have the TV turned on, but have you ever wondered how many people have probably called them and never noticed that the TV was off?

The only problem I had with CSR was one rep who insisted that she couldn't recreate my problem on her unit. This went on for 30 minutes before she admitted that she was using an HR10, she didn't have access to an HR 20. Not her fault, but they should provide the right equipment for these people!
I have no doubts that some of the CSR's are not very good, sadly enough it's why many here (myself included) call it the CSR roulette. Sometimes you get a good one sometimes you get a horrible one. Lot of times people just keep calling back until they get someone good.

·
Cool Member
23 Posts
Italfra1 said:
Classic! Had to laugh at that. Doesn't surprise me a bit. The CSR's at D* are probably some of the dumbest people I've ever encountered. They don't know **** about this equipment. They read all the little help questions off the computer monitor. I bypass them at all costs and go directly to tech support or a manager and they usually have half a brain but that's questionable also. Where do they find these people. It's a shame they can't find more qualified CSR's. Maybe if they paid them more than minimum wage they would get some brighter people.
How in the world did D* get the J.D. Powers award for customer service??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.