DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
AllStar
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In late Sept. D* came out and the installer refused to put the AT9 on my roof top (full size) tripod. He didn't even see if it could go any where else- yard pole mount etc. Well it would need a new tripod and 3" mast on the roof anyway.

Today after calling D* about the tech blowing me off that day and only giving me the HR20; today the tech supervisor came out. He was cool and really did a thorough survey. He said D* is worried about claims (roof damage) and that's why they do not want to mount the AT9 on a full size roof tripod with 5 ft mast. He tried but counldn't get a clean view from the roof. He found a spot that it could be poll mounted on in the back yard. However I would need to trim some trees back that may be on my property or the neighbor's...not 100% sure. He said because of the trees he could not mount the dish. He said he had to cancel the ticket. Then I need to call and reschedule to have them come out once the trees are all set. So basically the second time around I still have my HR 20 running on my 3 lnb dish. Although I'm not happy that I still don't have the AT9 I feel he really gave an effort. The tech that came out in Sept. was lazy and just told me I wasn't going to get it.

Now I'm faced with a couple options:

Trimming the trees and having to have buried cable (hoping the trees are mine).

The other option is buying a mast and tripod, AT9, Satellite meter and installing it myself on the roof. I would have to find a way to anchor that tripod down really well.

The thing that I don't like about doing it myself is that I don't feel I shouldn't have to pay for a dish. The tripod and mast aren't a big deal. The satellite meter I can sell on ebay after I peak my dish. The AT9's are going for $70.00 on ebay delivered. The tree option, if I don't cut them correctly and D* comes out again they will just want me to reschedule again.

·
Legend
120 Posts
gmoney said:
In late Sept. D* came out and the installer refused to put the AT9 on my roof top (full size) tripod. He didn't even see if it could go any where else- yard pole mount etc. Well it would need a new tripod and 3" mast on the roof anyway.

Today after calling D* about the tech blowing me off that day and only giving me the HR20; today the tech supervisor came out. He was cool and really did a thorough survey. He said D* is worried about claims (roof damage) and that's why they do not want to mount the AT9 on a full size roof tripod with 5 ft mast. He tried but counldn't get a clean view from the roof. He found a spot that it could be poll mounted on in the back yard. However I would need to trim some trees back that may be on my property or the neighbor's...not 100% sure. He said because of the trees he could not mount the dish. He said he had to cancel the ticket. Then I need to call and reschedule to have them come out once the trees are all set. So basically the second time around I still have my HR 20 running on my 3 lnb dish. Although I'm not happy that I still don't have the AT9 I feel he really gave an effort. The tech that came out in Sept. was lazy and just told me I wasn't going to get it.

Now I'm faced with a couple options:

Trimming the trees and having to have buried cable (hoping the trees are mine).

The other option is buying a mast and tripod, AT9, Satellite meter and installing it myself on the roof. I would have to find a way to anchor that tripod down really well.

The thing that I don't like about doing it myself is that I don't feel I shouldn't have to pay for a dish. The tripod and mast aren't a big deal. The satellite meter I can sell on ebay after I peak my dish. The AT9's are going for $70.00 on ebay delivered. The tree option, if I don't cut them correctly and D* comes out again they will just want me to reschedule again.

It is going to cost you anyway you go,sonner or later. Prices must go up. free only means someone is going to pay. rate hike!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.