DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and thanks in advance for you help with my simple question.

I'm a long time D* customer and have a D*Tivo plus other receivers. My HR20 installation is scheduled for tomorrow, but I'm not sure that I'll have my new HDTV before the installer gets here. I don't want to push my installation back since I have this week off. Can the installer put up the new dish, connect the HR20, check signal levels, etc. with my old SDTV? If this is a bad idea please let me know.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Sure.

The HR20 will work just fine as an SD unit.

The only downside is that you won't know if you got a "Bad" box, from an HD point of view until you have an HD TV. (very small chance, but a chance none the less)

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
Sure.

The HR20 will work just fine as an SD unit.

The only downside is that you won't know if you got a "Bad" box, from an HD point of view until you have an HD TV. (very small chance, but a chance none the less)
Thank you very much!

·
Legend
120 Posts
garlicbrian said:
Thank you very much!
All installers are told not to hook up HD equement without HD tv. Can end up a service call that He will have to do for free because he did not do everything the first time.

·
RBR Hitit tillit bricksit
266 Posts
satguy22 said:
All installers are told not to hook up HD equement without HD tv. Can end up a service call that He will have to do for free because he did not do everything the first time.
My installer never questioned the fact that I did not have a HDTV. Bought one after it was in. He never saw my 720p projector either.

The down converted 480I signal works just fine for testing installations.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.