DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Godfather
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the phone today with D* about my dead R15 and the subject of leased/owned came up. I was told that my HR20, installed in October of 2007, is owned. My R15 is leased and it was installed long before the HR20. Isn't 10/2007 well past the effective date of all receivers being leased?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,758 Posts
dlt4 said:
I was on the phone today with D* about my dead R15 and the subject of leased/owned came up. I was told that my HR20, installed in October of 2007, is owned. My R15 is leased and it was installed long before the HR20. Isn't 10/2007 well past the effective date of all receivers being leased?
Yes Oct. 2007 is past the time where DirecTV switched to lease. The lease policy started on March 2006.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,764 Posts
dlt4 said:
Depends, have mutiple HR2X boxs and multiple SD boxs - all of them are owned, they replaced broken owned units that where under the protection plan. I worked with the access card department to make sure the replacement boxes where flagged owned and there was no extension.

·
Godfather
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DVDKingdom said:
Yes Oct. 2007 is past the time where DirecTV switched to lease. The lease policy started on March 2006.
Thanks for the confirmation.

Now I'm just waiting for the "case management" call before they will replace my R15, even though I have the PP and no history of multiple service calls. Rather irritating! :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.