DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
614 Posts
tigerpaw78 said:
Things went pretty smoothly, I have a 61" Samsung DLP Model HLN617WX/XAA and have had an SD Tivo (Hughes and Philips) for years and love the Tivos. I've had the 18" round dish since 1995. I don't think the AT9 is THAT much bigger. No big deal to me.

The only issue I've had was on the component connection, my TV said "mode not supported for the SD channels, but got the HD channels fine. So I tried the HDMI-DVI cable (the TV only has DVI and no optical input for audio I was shocked to learn!). Then with the native setting ON, I think the DVR and TV conspired to produce a "squished" letter box kind of a picture with just horizontal colored lines, so I think I got lucky somehow and chose the native OFF setting and 720P setting and things seem fine.

It has recorded what I want so far and played them back just fine. The PQ is great in my opinion. I haven't had HD because I can't live without a dvr and I saw no point in getting HD if my locals weren't provided through the dish, hence my agonizing wait for the HR20.

I am very happy that D* didn't wait to perfect this thing for ALL configurations. It seems to be working perfectly for me, except for some reason on NFLST channels, it disregards my Pillar Box setting and stretches those channels anyway.

And , of course, the skip to tick, and dual buffers features are missing so far. Which are BIG DEALS for me, but I'll deal until they happen. I'm just happy I'm watching and recording HD locals and other HD content.

I was surprised how easy the interface is based on the comments I've read on this forum to the contrary. Only thing I couldn't figure out is how to edit a series link, but I think it's in this forum somewhere.

Hope this wasn't too long. Just wanted to let those on the fence know they should definitely give the HR20 a shot.
Glad your HR20 is working well for you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.