DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Legend
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the most part I am satisfied with the HR20 (although I really miss dual buffers), but the one thing that has REALLY been bothering me is the responsiveness/feedback of the trick play features.

I'm not really sure how to describe this but it just seems that the FF/REW/ADV/REPLAY is not as exact as on the DirecTivo, and visually I don't get enough feedback to help me get to a particular location in a program.

I guess the best way for me to state this is that using the forward and reversal tools at my disposal I just can't seem to get the hang of going to a particular spot in a program.

If Directv can fix this - make things smoother when going forward and reverse - I would be much, much happier.

Anyone with me on this? Am I making any sense here?

·
Godfather
300 Posts
It's cool now, but even slicker would be to work like tivo where when you fast forward it goes back a few seconds so you dont have to reverse when you see the program back on. I tried doing it with the 30 second thing but its too slow and doesnt really function well. The FF x3 is the best but you need to RW when you see your program. Tivo automatically goes back a little bit.

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
9,809 Posts
flipper2006 said:
It's cool now, but even slicker would be to work like tivo where when you fast forward it goes back a few seconds so you dont have to reverse when you see the program back on. I tried doing it with the 30 second thing but its too slow and doesnt really function well. The FF x3 is the best but you need to RW when you see your program. Tivo automatically goes back a little bit.
This is a Tivo patent, thus you won't ever see this on the HR20.

You can simulate by FF x2 or FF x3 and then hit the replay button instead of play. This will jump back about 6 seconds. I typically have to hit it once or twice and that's it. I am actually preferring it to the Tivo autocorrect.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
flipper2006 said:
TiVo patent (Called Auto Correction).

You can come close, by using the jump back button to exit the FF motion, instead of play.

·
Legend
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
TiVo patent (Called Auto Correction).

You can come close, by using the jump back button to exit the FF motion, instead of play.
Yeah, and I'm not really talking about that. It just seems that the FF and REW is too "jumpy" which makes it hard to follow what's on the screen.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
jschuman said:
Yeah, and I'm not really talking about that. It just seems that the FF and REW is too "jumpy" which makes it hard to follow what's on the screen.
Oh... Yes, most definently the fluidness of the trick play motions need to improve... but they have been getting better.

·
Legend
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
Oh... Yes, most definently the fluidness of the trick play motions need to improve... but they have been getting better.
That's good to hear. It does appear that Directv has been working to make the unit better and hopefully they will address this in the (near) future.

·
Icon
550 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
This is definitely a bone of contention around our house. If they can work things out in this area our HR20 will be pretty much golden in our house. It's the same type of problem the R15 has had all along as well. Admittedly both are getting better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.