DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
AllStar
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: I set both of my HR20s to record Mythbusters on the Discovery Channel tonight. When I went to play them back one didn't record and the other one had broken audio.
All of the other programs I recorded on both machines worked fine.

The reason I said they got even is because I was on the show.I figured they did it to get even for bad mouthing the HR20. I waited for 3 months for the show to air and when it did I get the HR20blues. I recorded it on the old HR10 and that worked. Now my question is what happened?

The show wasn't in HD or MPEG4 is there a reason the old machine would record and not the new ones? I will do a complete reset tonight including unpluging the power and set up as new. I hope that works.

I'm the old fart with the rifle that cuts the rope.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,019 Posts
Cool (about being on the show, not that it didn't record it). I'll be watching tonight. I can say I "know" that guy :)

·
Cool Member
15 Posts
Mine recorded fine, no problems. Just watched it. I think it's strange that some HR20's record programs fine while others struggle. By the way, nice shooting.

·
AllStar
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I let both HR20s sit all night unpluged then I did a new install this morning.When I get home tonight I'll start to record and see how it goes.

Yes I met both of the girls and set up some targets for them to shoot. They did very well with both pistols and rifles. They were natural shooters. We shoot and filmed for over eight hours. I also cut the rope with my pistols but the never showed that. They are a great bunch of people.

I will let you know how the reset works out. I still think the HR20 is going to be a great machine I just hope they get it right soon. Until then I will back up al the most important programs with the HR10.

·
Legend
219 Posts
Hey, nice shooting! That episode was great. OT here, but were the pistols you used to cut the rope vintage? They seemed to indicate that their vintage pistols couldn't do the job.

I.M. Nobody said:
I let both HR20s sit all night unpluged then I did a new install this morning.When I get home tonight I'll start to record and see how it goes.

Yes I met both of the girls and set up some targets for them to shoot. They did very well with both pistols and rifles. They were natural shooters. We shoot and filmed for over eight hours. I also cut the rope with my pistols but the never showed that. They are a great bunch of people.

I will let you know how the reset works out. I still think the HR20 is going to be a great machine I just hope they get it right soon. Until then I will back up al the most important programs with the HR10.

·
AllStar
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I have recorded some programs and played them back everything is ok so far with one execption. one of them started but then went to a black screen. I hit fast forward and it played ok.

I hope this fixed it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.