DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
AllStar
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 HR20s one in the living room andone in the bedroom.We were having family over for dinner and they all are football fans and I knew I would not get to watch my normal programs in the living room.

I set up the bedroom DVR to record all of my shows. I did this about three hours before any of the shows aired. After the family left I went to check on the Recordings.When I turned on the TV the remote would not work I was stuck on one channel and could not access the DVR. I thought I had a bad remote but after I tried another remote with the same result I did the reset.

After boot up I found that the HR20 started to record one of the programs. But it did not record any of the earlier shows.The playlist was empty. This is the first problem ever with this HR20.

If it didn't record anything I requested and wouldn't respond to the remote.Why would it remember to record the last program after reset ? I'm now afraid to count on the darn thing to record when set.

Is this a common problem or a fluke ? I don't know but I have almost reached the end of my patience. If this is the future of MPEG 4 HD were dead. I never had these problems with the HR10.

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,244 Posts
I.M.

I've taken two week-long trips lately and both times my LR HR20 locked up on the first day of the trips. It did record every time slot I expected--but only 1 minute of each show. Thank God, I still have my HR10, which is back to being the primary receiver.

Since I've returned and received 0xFA the unit has only missed some of my M-F manual recordings. Based on what others are reporting, manual recordings are pretty busted (and went from working but perhaps locked units up to not working--but they don't lock up either.)

Cheers,
Tom

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
tibber said:
I.M.

I've taken two week-long trips lately and both times my LR HR20 locked up on the first day of the trips. It did record every time slot I expected--but only 1 minute of each show. Thank God, I still have my HR10, which is back to being the primary receiver.

Since I've returned and received 0xFA the unit has only missed some of my M-F manual recordings. Based on what others are reporting, manual recordings are pretty busted (and went from working but perhaps locked units up to not working--but they don't lock up either.)

Cheers,
Tom
Manual recordings (especially recurrent ones) are definitely busted for a lot of people. There is certainly something buggy about them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.