DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had recorded shows today with no content and the HR20 would not fast forward, skip, or anything else. I ran a test and found that one of my two sat inputs was zero. I checked all connections and a spot that was once spliced by D*. All tight. One input still zero. I went to the HR10 in the bedroom. Both inputs fine, so the signal is at least getting to the multi.

Next I call D*, explain what I have done so far and they want me to (come on, guess) hit the red button. (That red button and I are having a relationship this week, but that's a different story.) The heck of it is, hitting the red button clears whatever was wrong and I now have two inputs into the HR20.

Can anyone explain to me why hitting the red button worked for "finding" a sat input line?

· Registered
12,596 Posts
john18 said:

Can anyone explain to me why hitting the red button worked for "finding" a sat input line?
During a reset the DVR checks to see if one or both satellites inputs are active. Your "red button" forced it to check again after you solved the cable problem. You should be in good shape now.

· Lifetime Achiever
21,244 Posts
john18 said:
I had recorded shows today with no content and the HR20 would not fast forward, skip, or anything else. I ran a test and found that one of my two sat inputs was zero. I checked all connections and a spot that was once spliced by D*. All tight. One input still zero. I went to the HR10 in the bedroom. Both inputs fine, so the signal is at least getting to the multi.

Next I call D*, explain what I have done so far and they want me to (come on, guess) hit the red button. (That red button and I are having a relationship this week, but that's a different story.) The heck of it is, hitting the red button clears whatever was wrong and I now have two inputs into the HR20.

If the software got out of sorts (ie locked up partially) and therefore inconsistent with the status of the hardware tuner, a red button reset could set things right again.

Cheers,
Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.