DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Icon
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've played with the HR20 now for a few days and i must say, once I get used to the differences between this box and my old Tivo, I like some of the features.

Anyway, I tried to set up my remote to control both my TV (Panny 42" Plasma 60U) and my Sony receiver (STRDE698) using HDMI for picture and optical for sound. I want to be able to turn off the TV with the remote without turning off the HR20 when on the default D* symbol on the switch (this seems to work right on my Advent bedroom TV on the H10 with similar remote). What happens now is when I press OFF it turns off the HR20 AND the TV (If I switch the remote switch to TV just the TV goes off). The other thing I would like to do is control the receiver volume on the default D* setting on the remote. Right now I have to set it to AV1 to control the receiver volume.

So....what I'd like to do is this:

From the D* setting, I'd like to:
1) Turn off ONLY the TV
2_ Control the volume from the receiver.

Is this possible and if so, how?

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08
4,107 Posts
Steveknj said:
So....what I'd like to do is this:

From the D* setting, I'd like to:
1) Turn off ONLY the TV
2_ Control the volume from the receiver.

Is this possible and if so, how?
See the Tips and Tricks link below for general tips on this and many other topics..

The details for setting up for various functions and other equipment are here:

http://www.directv.com/see/pdf/RC32.pdf

It will walk you right through. You probably have an RC24 but these are the same steps.

Take care,

·
Icon
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Milominderbinder2 said:
See the Tips and Tricks link below for general tips on this and many other topics..

The details for setting up for various functions and other equipment are here:

http://www.directv.com/see/pdf/RC32.pdf

It will walk you right through. You probably have an RC24 but these are the same steps.

Take care,
Thanks, I was able to get the sound working like I want, but I still end up turing thie HR 20 off as well as the TV when I am set to the D* switch and press the OFF button. Any ideas?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.