DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Godfather
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching the FSU/UCLA game on ESPN HD. Someone came to the door and when I got back saw each team had scored a TD. I hit the rewind button to see the TDs, and as soon as I hit the rewind button, the indicator showed the double back arrows but instantly reverted to a play arrow and the picture froze. The only way to get out of it is to change channels, which I can do. I

I really don't want to reboot again as it takes forever (and I lose my zip code and weather cities - ok, the latter is not a big deal but not sure why that stuff can't be retained in memory - but that is a discussion for another day.)

I guess I need to request this be added to the bug list (I did a search and did not see it anywhere - sorry if this bug has been previously discovered).

·
DBSTalk Club Member
29 Posts
I had the same problem yesterday, no matter what I did I couldn;t pause live tv or rewind, if I did it would freeze and I would have to change channels to get to unfreeze it.

I tried RBR and it didnt do anything still didn't work. I then did a format on the drive and its worked since then :grin: hopefully it will stay that way.

To do a format, when you reset the receiver wait for the 2nd blue screen that says "almost there" then hold down the down arrow and the rec button, you will see the rec light turn red, release the buttons and it should work, only thing is you lose your playlist!

Good Luck

·
Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
The symptoms you describe happen on the HR20 when it is creating a recording that is likely to have either the unwatchable bug, partial bug and perhaps the IKD bug but I have never never caught one of those recording in process. I would bet that if you were recording these programs they would have a problem playing back but I guess it could happen with out a recording too, there is insufficient data to know what the HR20 is doing. Once the HR20 is in this state, I have never found any way around it with the exception of forcing the tuner on to a different station, but once you have done that you have lost the content in the buffer.

·
I am Iron Man!
1,672 Posts
gator5000e said:
Watching the FSU/UCLA game on ESPN HD. Someone came to the door and when I got back saw each team had scored a TD. I hit the rewind button to see the TDs, and as soon as I hit the rewind button, the indicator showed the double back arrows but instantly reverted to a play arrow and the picture froze. The only way to get out of it is to change channels, which I can do. I

I really don't want to reboot again as it takes forever (and I lose my zip code and weather cities - ok, the latter is not a big deal but not sure why that stuff can't be retained in memory - but that is a discussion for another day.)

I guess I need to request this be added to the bug list (I did a search and did not see it anywhere - sorry if this bug has been previously discovered).
I have never seen the zip code dissapear when you do a RBR. I was at the point on tuesday where I had to do 3 RBR's. In fact after uncounted RBR's it still remembered my zip code when I went to program my OTA antenna setup.

·
Mentor
39 Posts
btmoore said:
The symptoms you describe happen on the HR20 when it is creating a recording that is likely to have either the unwatchable bug, partial bug and perhaps the IKD bug but I have never never caught one of those recording in process. I would bet that if you were recording these programs they would have a problem playing back but I guess it could happen with out a recording too, there is insufficient data to know what the HR20 is doing. Once the HR20 is in this state, I have never found any way around it with the exception of forcing the tuner on to a different station, but once you have done that you have lost the content in the buffer.
Had this same problem when watching the Magic/Lakers game tonight on channel 96. Also, even though I was recording only this channel, I got a message about both tuners being in use.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
gcisko said:
I have never seen the zip code dissapear when you do a RBR. I was at the point on tuesday where I had to do 3 RBR's. In fact after uncounted RBR's it still remembered my zip code when I went to program my OTA antenna setup.
Zip code in the interactive area for getting weather information is lost on a reboot. That is what he meant.

·
6 Posts
gator5000e said:

Exact same problem - anyboby have any luck with a resolution? THANKS!

·
6 Posts
called D* and asked to be transferred to advanced DVR support - I have been there several times - tech had never heard of this problem - finally did a reset - not a reboot - and the problem went away for now. I have had to reset three times this week for different problems - first lost use of half the remote buttons - reset of the unit fixed that (remote was fine), reset for lost tuner, reset for freezing up after pausing live tv. What fun!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.