DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· AllStar
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an HR20 that I purchased a couple of months back and have been wanting to get my hands on a second one for some time.

Every time that 've gone to a store that normally carries it (Best Buy or Circuit City) they have been out of stock. This also includes the online versions of those stores.

Today, out of curiosity, I checked online at bestbuy.com and I saw that, instead of saying that it was backordered, it was saying that it would ship next day. Hmmm. So I checked my local store's inventory, and it said that 3 out of 5 local stores had it.

Not believing it, I stopped by my nearest Best Buy and, lo and behold, they had 6 of them. The FedEx sticker on it showed that it had arrived today. Manufactured date of October 16, 2006 (a couple of weeks ago) just two days before the official "Sold Out" statement was issued.

Seems to me that, perhaps, the stock might be increasing...just in time for the holidays and to appease those many people wanting to get them.

Intesting that DirecTV would supply Best Buy BEFORE themselves. The DirecTV website still refers to the receiver as Sold Out.

If you've been wanting one of these for some time, check your local Best Buy. You may get lucky like I did.

Bernardo in Miami

· Cool Member
29 Posts
I just checked the New Orleans area BestBuys, and you are right ... same thing. Last week they had none. This week, two of the area BestBuy stores have them. Perhaps a big new shipment was sent around the country.

Does anyone know if all of these units are the same out of the box, or if the later shipped units are part of a different second (or third, or fourth...) generation?

-Jeff

· Hall Of Fame
1,137 Posts
Directv will supply retailers that have ordered the receiver and also send out the receivers to installers for those who have ordered prior to the shortage and then take care of the priority list that has been set up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.