DBSTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Cool Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered an HR20 on Sep 27 from D* and was given an install appt on Oct 6. D* calls me to reschedule for Oct 13. D* calls me again and reschedules for Oct 27. D* told me each time that they are out of HR20s and are on backorder.

Is anyone else having a similar experience?

·
Cool Member
25 Posts
I ordered the HR20 on 9/14 with install date 10/07. They called and were out of stock and rescheduled for 10/21. From what I hear they may not make that date either and could be out until 11/01.

and then depression sets in...

thank god for 2 functioning HR10's!

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
12,182 Posts
It depends on what area of the country you're in, how many DVRs D* is allocating to each installer, etc. Some people seem to have no problems getting them installed. I ordered mine around September 27 or so with an install scheduled for 10/7, then when 10/7 rolls around and I call to find out why the installters never showed, they lied and said they called the day before to reschedule because they were out of stock when they hadn't actually called, then rescheduled me for 10/21. Hopefully someone will actually show up this time.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
The "backorder" status, is very dependent on where you are in the country, and who your installer company is.

·
AllStar
63 Posts
A friend of mine ordered it and since they were out they litterally told him to buy it from Best Buy.com and then they issued him account credit for the cost. Does that seem wack to anyone else?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Gweeto said:
A friend of mine ordered it and since they were out they litterally told him to buy it from Best Buy.com and then they issued him account credit for the cost. Does that seem wack to anyone else?
No, not really.
It actually is pretty common for them to do that. (They have been doing that for years, especially for people that specifically wanted one model/make of receiver over another)

If a local retailer has it, and a customer is willing to accept the credit in return... DirecTV looks at is as another unit being activated...

·
AllStar
63 Posts
Gotcha. Just seems hard to me to believe DTV cannot get a better price than what Best Buy sells it to the consumer at. But maybe it is like how video game consoles like the XBox360 lose money on the hardware sometimes.

·
Legend
139 Posts
The variable of existing HR20 owners must play into the equation as well. After troublshooting mine with an advanced tech rep last night, he said they would ship a new box out to me that would arrive FedEx on Thursday. Obviously they have supply for replacement units when it is considered defective.

Kurt

·
AllStar
60 Posts
When I called to order mine on 9/18 through the retention department I was told that there were no HR20's available, and they were not sure when they would have any. in almost the same breath she said "oh wait a minute you are one of our A list customers, we can install it on 9/25 if that is ok" :confused:

So I guess they do have them it just depends on the circumstances.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.