DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Cool Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched, but I have not found an answer. I am looking to switch from Dish Network to Directv. They cut out my locals and my OTA guide data, which makes it really tuff to record OTA programs when I have absolutely no guide data for the local channels. My question is will the HR20 have guide data if I do not qualify for local channels, but I am able to receive OTA signals?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
It should....

What are your locals? (as you didn't include what area you are from)

·
Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08
5,222 Posts
I imagine it would. I have the Flint DMA locals, but pull in the Lansing DMA via OTA on my HR10-250, and from what I hear the HR20's way of dealing with OTA isn't that different.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
You should be able to designate 2 areas for your local OTA. One of those could be Pittburgh. I would assume that you live in the northern panhandle and have Steubenville/Wheeling locals which are not provided via satellite.

So yes, you should be able to get Pittsburgh OTA guide data via D*.

·
6 Posts
strabismo said:
I have searched, but I have not found an answer. I am looking to switch from Dish Network to Directv. They cut out my locals and my OTA guide data, which makes it really tuff to record OTA programs when I have absolutely no guide data for the local channels. My question is will the HR20 have guide data if I do not qualify for local channels, but I am able to receive OTA signals?
I'm having the same problem. Out here in Palm Springs, CA (92262). On my H20 I can see -

33-2 - Fox, No Guide Data
36-1 - NBC, Guide Data
42-1 - ABC, No Guide Data

It's been frustrating to say the least...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.