DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New HR20 install (12/15/06), successfully downloaded 0x10b that same night (Thank You Earl), no problems arose for roughly a two days; Since then, I have had to Reset the unit roughly four times due to what appeared to be unresponsiveness. My current issue involves me powering on the unit today (12/27/06) at 0800pm, two HDTV recordings were in progress, the screen was nothing but black. With the DirecTiVo, if both tuners were recording, you would still see Live TV. Is this not possible with the HR20? I checked to see if I could view the current recording through My List which I could. When the one recording ended, I went to see if I could change the channel being that one tuner was now free, the only thing I got was what appeared to be the last frame buffered from the last program that I watched even though the information banner at the top of the screen showed otherwise (channel was changed). It appears that the problem still exist after powering the unit off and on. I don't want to Reset at this moment as I am recording the Cavs game and don't want to jeoprodize it. In addition to this problem, the unit totally frooze this morning to the point where I could get no response on the screen from the remote thus I did a Reset from the front panel. Sorry so long and thanks again in advance for the help, I look forward to your help and possible resolution to these problems.

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Real Quick follow up, I noticed that I could change the channel on the tuner thats free to a DirecTV local HD feeds though when I would change the channel to a DirecTV HD station, I would get nothing but a black screen. I really don't know what to think of this.

·
AllStar
89 Posts
akihabaraTECH said:
New HR20 install (12/15/06), successfully downloaded 0x10b that same night (Thank You Earl), no problems arose for roughly a two days; Since then, I have had to Reset the unit roughly four times due to what appeared to be unresponsiveness. My current issue involves me powering on the unit today (12/27/06) at 0800pm, two HDTV recordings were in progress, the screen was nothing but black. With the DirecTiVo, if both tuners were recording, you would still see Live TV. Is this not possible with the HR20? I checked to see if I could view the current recording through My List which I could. When the one recording ended, I went to see if I could change the channel being that one tuner was now free, the only thing I got was what appeared to be the last frame buffered from the last program that I watched even though the information banner at the top of the screen showed otherwise (channel was changed). It appears that the problem still exist after powering the unit off and on. I don't want to Reset at this moment as I am recording the Cavs game and don't want to jeoprodize it. In addition to this problem, the unit totally frooze this morning to the point where I could get no response on the screen from the remote thus I did a Reset from the front panel. Sorry so long and thanks again in advance for the help, I look forward to your help and possible resolution to these problems.
This was happening to me before the SATA hard drive failed. My wife rebooted the unit several times for a week before the failure of the hard drive. The unit that was installed professionally was less than 3 weeks old and then it died. DTV replaced my HR20 and I have had zero problems including after the update to the new 10b software with OTA and viiv enabled.

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spazzman, thanks for the reply. I will continue to keep an eye on every facet of the HR20 especially when things seem to be going bad, I will try to document it in the forums so that we can collectively help DirecTV in making this a viable option to the DirecTiVo's (SD & HD) that they replaced (and I miss).

·
Godfather
394 Posts
I had a problem tonight where the unit was only allowing 1 recordint to take place instead of the 2 scheduled programs. I was unable to change channels while the 1 program was running.

I did NOT have any 771 errors about tuner being out. It wouldn't switch/recognize the 2nd buffer.

After a reboot, all was well. But I thought this problem was fixed????

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pappys, thanks for the reply. My problem to was resolved (temporarily) after reseting /rebooting the unit through the menu screen. I also wanted to note that I to did not receive any 771 errors. Further more, I was able to view both recordings once they completed though Live TV was nothing but a Black Screen for any HD channel other than the Local HD feeds provided by DirecTV (HD Channel banners did confirm that the tuner was changing).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.