DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading hundreds of posts bashing and praising this receiver; I have become very curious about the problems many have been having. I firmly believe that not every problem that is blamed on the HR20 is in fact an HR20 issue. There are so many other variables between receving the signal from the satelite and seeing a picture on your TV. From connectors, cables, switches, filters, HDMI software in 100's of different brands of TV, etc, etc. Sometimes the least likely place to look is where the problem lies. But it's always easier to blame the newest piece of the puzzle.

So, I would be interested in some comments from people that have returned the original, received replacements and when all was said and done; found the problem was something other than the box.

·
Banned
686 Posts
Your suspicion is probably correct. The scores of people who've installed dozens of recievers themselves before, who have several other boxes working fine in their houses- its probably somehow their fault that their HR20 doesn't manage to record programs or crashes. :(

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
matto said:
Your suspicion is probably correct. The scores of people who've installed dozens of recievers themselves before, who have several other boxes working fine in their houses- its probably somehow their fault that their HR20 doesn't manage to record programs or crashes. :(
Sarcasm always solves problems.

It's always nice to see your consistent understanding of an issue and the absolute patience you show when responding to posts. Without all the care you put into your responses, one might think that you just like to irritate.

·
Banned
686 Posts
My reply simply pointed out gaping holes in your logic.
Sorry to disagree with you.

Your reply, on the other hand, had all the maturity and useful content of a three-year-old's rant.

I'm sorry again that disagreeing with your theory got you so upset.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
matto said:
My reply simply pointed out gaping holes in your logic.
Sorry to disagree with you.

Your reply, on the other hand, had all the maturity and useful content of a three-year-old's rant.

I'm sorry again that disagreeing with your theory got you so upset.
My post wasn't put here to test MY theory. I was just interested in what other people had to say. I couldn't care less if you agree or not; a simple response like......many people have done their own installs and have had success until they connected this box......would have sufficed. But, since you're maturity level is higher than everyone else's, you can't resist to bring a discussion DOWN to your level.......oops...that may have been sarcastic and immature of me.

·
Banned
686 Posts
Vinny said:
But, since you're maturity level is higher than everyone else's, you can't resist to bring a discussion DOWN to your level.......oops...that may have been sarcastic and immature of me.
I appreciate your constructive criticism of my post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.